Regional Finance and Administration Delegate
Regional Finance and Administration Delegate, Sierra Leone, FRC, 2 years
The Red Cross brings joy, maintains hope and strengthens trust – join us to do meaningful work!
The Finnish Red Cross (FRC) is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 192 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality.
FRC is seeking a Regional Finance and Administration Delegate for the West Africa team. The position will be for two-years fixed-term and placed in Sierra Leone. Starting date is negotiable, preferably latest 10th April 2023. Fluent written and spoken English and French required.
The Regional Finance and Administration Delegate (RFAD) will work with the Finnish Red Cross (FRC) programme/project delegates and the National Society (NS) counterparts, enhancing the accountability and transparency of FRC-supported projects/programmes in the region. The RFAD will provide operational services and guidance for accurate and timely financial management, planning and reporting as well as financial risk management in programmes/ projects supported by FRC. Together with other FRC delegates, RFAD support and advise the NSs in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the FRC supported programmes/projects with special regard to financial and administration issues. Additionally, the RFAD will support other delegates in financial management and will provide finance development and capacity building support to NS’s in the region as well as FRC HQ.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide operational services and guidance for accurate and timely financial planning, implementation and reporting in programmes/ projects supported by FRC
- Provide operational services and guidance for accurate and timely financial and risk management in programmes/ projects supported by FRC
- Provide finance development and capacity building support, as agreed with the NS and FRC HQ, to NS in the region in order to establish a solid cooperation and programme management framework
What we expect from you
We look for a person with capacities and skills as follows:
- University degree in financial management, accounting, economics or business administration.
- Working experience in the fields of project financial planning and management
- Professional experience in financial management, project audits etc.
- Working experience in projects financed by European Union an asset
- Working experience with Finnish Red Cross/IFRC/ICRC an asset
- Experience in facilitation, training, and negotiation is an asset
3. Skills and knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal skills and good communicator
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Self-supporting in computers
- Diplomatic skills
- Ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and be flexible to changing work environments
- Fluent written and spoken English and French.
- National Society relations
- Results focused and accountability
- Analytical skills
- Managerial effectiveness
What we offer you:
You will be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization and multicultural professional team, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community. We offer you a chance to learn and grow as a professional with some of the best experts on the field.
We offer you a compensation package according to Finnish Red Cross terms of employment for international delegates. Compensation package includes salary based on your job description, accommodation, insurance package, travel and per diems. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and debriefings prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and psychosocial support are included in your assignment.
To read more about this interesting opportunity, kindly see the Job Description (draft) attached (pdf).
To apply, kindly send your CV and a brief cover letter in English as soon as possible, but on Wednesday 29th March at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org Mark your application “Regional Finance and Administration Delegate, Sierra Leone, FRC, Your name”.
For more information, please call FRC Regional Representative for West Africa, Dries Goeminne tel. +32 474 782 425, on Thursday 23rd March between 17:00 and 18:00 pm Finnish time (UTC/GMT +2 hours).