Are you looking for a job that is meaningful, challenging, and rewarding? At Finn Church Aid, Finland’s largest international development NGO, we are looking for a new colleague to join us as a fixed term accountant (family leave replacement, one year).
Our work in Finland supports directly and indirectly FCA’s 700 + experts located in 14 country office to realize our mission: Action for Human Dignity.
You will work in our Group Accounting Unit, part of Finance and Operations’ Support Department, at the FCA Service and Accountability Centre (SAC). The position is located in our Helsinki office, right in the center, yet partial remote work is possible.
The accountant works in collaboration with relevant SAC units in Helsinki as well as FCA country offices upon need. Join us, and make a difference!
Duties and responsibilities:
- day-to-day accounting tasks, processing of payments, journals etc.
- tax related issues
- regulatory reporting
- supporting organization in finance related issues and tools
- actively participating in month & year -end closing routines of the parent company and Finnish based entities
- participating in development projects: systems, processes, trainings and guidelines
- participation in audits.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Business/Economics Bachelor’s Degree with strong relevant work experience in a global and complex environment
- independent and active approach to work, analytical, problem-solving skills
- diligence and accuracy
- positive team spirit and service-mindedness across organizational boundaries in a multicultural environment
- robust Excel and IT-skills
- good communication and reporting skills
- fluent oral and written proficiency in Finnish and English.
This is a fixed term position with six months’ probation period. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. FCA's benefits package includes comprehensive health care and staff capacity building opportunities.
For more information, please contact Piia Huurtola, Head of Group Accounting Unit, piia.huurtola (at) kua.fi
Please apply by using the link no later than March 1st, 2024.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, the ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
FCA practices zero tolerance on sexual exploitation and abuse, including child abuse in all forms. FCA has zero tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions, and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements.
FCA is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).