Specialist, Disability Inclusion
As a specialist in disability inclusion, you will provide leadership on ensuring that Plan International Finland’s programmes are inclusive for children with disabilities in both development and humanitarian contexts. You will also provide technical support for disability inclusion in the programmes of Plan International Finland and manage partnerships with disability specific organisations. Your role also includes project management of grants by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the EU. This is a permanent position based in Helsinki.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and technical expertise on the inclusion of children with disabilities to ensure disability inclusion is mainstreamed and addressed in the programme design and delivery of our projects both in development and humanitarian contexts (this will be your main responsibility)
- Coordinating and leading the creation of partnerships to strengthen disability inclusion in our programming
- Supporting the strengthening of country office capacity on disability inclusive programming and the project management cycle in cooperation with and through partners specialized in disability inclusion
- Support to fundraising efforts within your areas of expertise through development of concepts and engagement with potential donors
- Grant management through participation in project planning, regular communication with country teams, financial monitoring, country visits and reviewing reports and evaluations of specified projects
- Facilitating consistent learning and sharing of good practices among staff and partners
Phone inquiries for additional information: Annukka Von Kaufmann, Programme Director, tel. +358 40 566 0599, on 8 January at 13.00–14.00 (EET); Eeva Ervamaa, Head of Programmes, tel. +358 40 450 9621, on 11 January at 15.00–15.45 (EET)
Apply between 03-Jan-2019 and 16-Jan-2019
Who we are looking for
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, some of it from developing countries. Experience from the humanitarian context is considered as an asset
- University degree from an appropriate field
- Sound knowledge of relevant international human rights obligations, treaties and standards, especially the Convention of the Rights of Disabled Persons (CRPD)
- Sound knowledge of mainstreaming methods and tools and relevant practical experience in mainstreaming disability into programs and operations, including the application of the disability rights in a development context through a human rights based approach.
- understanding of gender mainstreaming in development
- Strong abilities in programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to effectively advocate for, lobby and present issues at internal and external fora
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise reports, concept notes and other documentation
- Ability to train others on disability inclusion
- Willingness and ability to travel, sometimes at a short notice
- Fluency in oral and written English is required, good command of oral Finnish is an asset
Plan is committed to achieving workforce diversity and encourages all individuals to apply for this position including persons with disabilities.
Please submit your application with a cover letter and a CV/LinkedIn profile as well as salary requirements by clicking "Apply for this position" at the top of the page.
Plan International Finland
Lastenoikeusjärjestö Plan International haluaa oikeudenmukaisen maailman, jossa kaikkien lasten oikeudet ja tasa-arvo toteutuvat. Siksi Plan parantaa erityisesti kehitysmaiden tyttöjen elämää ja suojelua. Uskonnollisesti ja poliittisesti sitoutumaton Plan perustettiin 1937, ja Suomessa toiminta alkoi 1998. Työskentelemme yli 70 maassa.
Location: Lautatarhankatu 6 00580 Helsinki
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (tasa-arvokysymykset)
- Kaksi poliittista asiantuntijaa
- Eduskuntaryhmän avustajia
- Global grants adviser
- Ilmastotyön asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (innovaatiot ja digitaalinen kehitys)
- Consultant – Education in Emergencies Impact Assessment
- Terveydenhuollon suunnittelija
- Project Officer
- Innovation and digital development specialist
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.