Senior Programme Manager, Ukraine
Senior Programme Manager is responsible for programme portofolio leadership of FCA’s Ukraine country operation. The post will be with the Emergency Response Unit (ERU) in the Program Support Department. The position is located in Kyiv, Ukraine. Senior Programme Manager will report to Country Director.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Developmemt of FCA’s Ukraine country strategy.
- Overall management of FCA’s programmes; ensure quality project design and implementation.
- Active member of FCA’s Ukraine Management Team; problem-solving, decision-making and provide strategic direction.
- Work collaboratively with senior colleagues across the organization to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Facilitate technical guidance and support to staff to ensure programme quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Proactively monitor programme implementation, reporting unexpected delays, costs or quality issues, and resolving issues / initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure that adequate M&E tools and processes are in place for FCA’s Ukraine programme portofolio.
- Conduct regular visits to the project to monitor programme performance
- Provide feedback to staff on gaps and areas for improvement and identify needs for ongoing capacity building.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- At least 4 years experience working in humanitarian programmes
- Strong strategic programmatic skills and getting things done.
- Proven experience and capacity in humanitarian project management, including project financial management
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations, international actors and UN agencies
- Supervision, pro-active and team orientation skills.
- Management and/or supervisory experience.
- Financial oversight and budget tracking experience
- Effective communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Ukrainian an asset
The position will be filled as soon as possible and it is a fixed-term employment until 31.12.2022, with two-month probation period. The compensation is based on FCA salary scale and the candidate’s level of experience.
For more information please contact Head of ERU, Mr. Jan De Waegemaeker by e-mail jan.de.waegemaeker (at) kua.fi or by phone: 358 50 5740481. Please apply by using the link no later than on 7th of August 2022. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, the ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
FCA practices zero tolerance on sexual exploitation and abuse, including child abuse in all forms. FCA has zero tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions, and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements.
FCA is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).