Regional Disaster Preparedness Delegate
Finnish Red Cross is searching for a Regional Disaster Preparedness Delegate, specialized in Early Warning and Early Action, to be based in Manila, the Philippines.
The position is for 12 Months, starting preferably in April-May 2021.
The Finnish Red Cross (FRC) is committed to supporting the advancement of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement’s anticipatory/forecast-based action agenda in the Asia Pacific region, as well as in other regions worldwide.
The role of the Regional Disaster Preparedness (DP) Delegate is to provide technical support to the Finnish Red Cross and its partners in early warning/action across Asia, with a particular focus on the ongoing initiatives in the Philippines. This involves support to ongoing projects, participation in the development of new initiatives, and mainstreaming of early warning/early action as concept and practice in the FRC’s long-term development cooperation in the region. A key aspect is to identify possibilities and ensure that the FRC is an added value partner to consortia and programmes under anticipation agenda and Forecast-based Financing (FbF).
Frequent field travel both in the Philippines and the Asia region is required.
- University or college degree in a relevant field
- Disaster Management trainings preferred, including Cash Based Interaction (CaLP level 2)
- Experience within the Red Cross context in planning, reporting, implementation and coordination of RCRC initiatives preferred
- Previous experience and knowhow in disaster preparedness. Knowledge on early warning/early action is a strong advantage
- Previous experience as a trainer preferred
- Previous experience and missions in response within Red Cross programme or operation preferred.
Needed skills and knowledge:
- Training, online-training and facilitation skills
- Resource mobilization, reporting and proposal writing skills
- Capacity and skills to do assessments, analysis, evaluations
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-supporting in computers
- Fluent written and spoken English
To learn more about the position and its requirements, see the Job Description below.
For more information, please call Finnish Red Cross Disaster Risk Management Officer Toni Jokinen, +358 40 652 9807 on March 9th between 12:30 and 14:00. You can also contact FRC Regional Representative for Asia, Juan Reyes, +60 12 298 9752.
To apply for the position, kindly send your Application including Cover Letter and CV as soon as possible but on Thursday March 18th at the latest to email@example.com. Mark your Application "DP Delegate, Philippines".
Disaster Preparedness Delegate Philippines.pdf
- Junior Professional Officer (JPO), (terveysala/innovaatioteknologia), Sveitsi
- Finance and Administration Officer
- Kaksi suunnittelijaa
- Policy Officer
- Programme Support Delegate, Eswatini
- Project Officer
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, UNSOM
- EU Grant Administrator and Financial Administrator
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija (luonnonvarasektori)
- Kehityspolitiikan asiantuntija
- Visuaalisen viestinnän asiantuntija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.