Finn Church Aid (FCA) is seeking a Project Manager to work in the team of the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (Network) for fixed-term employment based in Bangkok, Thailand. The expanding work of the Network in South and Southeast Asia is requiring this talented and motivated team builder to manage a new project “Southeast Asia: Advancing Inter-Religious Dialogue and Freedom of Religion or Belief”. This EIDHR-funded regional multi-stakeholder project builds on earlier work conducted by the Network and its partners to advance inclusive societies across the region. The project activities include research, capacity building, direct support to both duty bearers and right holders, management of small grants scheme, communication, advocacy and strategic networking.
The Project Manager ensures that the relevant legal, donor and internal requirements related to the grant are met. S/he also coordinates relations and activities of the partners and stakeholders in the project, contributing to the successful implementation and achievement of project results. In addition to strong thematic skills, candidates with previous experience in EU project management are particularly encouraged to apply.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Act as the operational focal point and point of contact for the status/progress of the project;
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between co-applicants/partners for example by organising regular and collective dialogues to coordinate and involve partners in the detailed design of activities;
- Ensure communication and cooperation between partners/co-applicants and other stakeholders of the project;
- Ensure that all project plans, objectives, policies, procedures, and processes are followed;
- Manage the activities led by FCA/Network in the project on research, capacity building, strategic collaboration and small grants programme (incl. financial support to third parties);
- Provide technical advice and networking support to peacemakers/human rights defenders;
- Hold overall responsibility for all internal/external monitoring, evaluation, data collection and collation;
- Manage the overall communication and submission of reports to the funder.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Master Degree in political sciences, law, or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years related professional experience on peacebuilding and human rights;
- Previous experience in EU project management, preferably in EuropeAid/EIDHR projects;
- Previous experience in managing financial support to third parties;
- Previous experience and expertise in working in South and Southeast Asia;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Experience in developing and implementing large multi-stakeholder collaborations;
- Proven problem solving skills and strategic planning capability with creativity;
- Good attention to detail and numerate;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Sound organizational skills and initiative to proactively manage work;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until June 2021 with four months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible.
For more information please contact Edla Puoskari, edla.puoskari(at)kirkonulkomaanapu.fi between 4 and 9 January 2019. Please apply by using the link no later than 17 January 2019. The applications will be reviewed immediately upon arrival and candidates will be approached for interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
FCA hosts the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (Network), a network that brings together actors to provide global support for grassroots to international peacemaking and peacebuilding efforts. The activities of the Network involve approximately 50 active organisations around the globe. The Network Secretariat consists of approximately 12 staff members that work in four different continents.
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.