Vacancy notice: Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Helsinki, Finland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed term, with a possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: November 22, 2020
Reference Code: FI10-VN-2020-03
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/Sub-Regional Coordinator of IOM Finland, and the direct supervision of the AVRR/CT Programme Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination of assigned Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration/Counter-Trafficking (AVRR/CT) projects in the Nordic region
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Coordinate assigned AVRR/CT projects funded by Nordic countries, including maintaining partnerships at operational levels with government entities, donors, and other national/local stakeholders.
- Supervise and guide team members assisting in the assigned projects.
- Plan and implement project activities in assigned projects, including updating of Standard Operating Procedures as well as contributing to counterpart meetings and trainings.
- Monitor that project activities and migrant assistance under assigned projects are implemented in line with IOM policies, instructions and guidelines.
- In close coordination with the Programme Officer, contribute to liaison with donors oncurrent contractual arrangements and potentially required amendments, as well as on new developments and further opportunities for cooperation.
- Participate in liaison with embassies and consular offices of relevant countries of origin in view of building and maintaining working relations, including communicating and briefing responsible embassies on IOM’s AVRR programmes.
- Liaise with, and provide guidance to, IOM offices in countries of origin to facilitate compliance with project parameters and established reporting processes of assigned projects.
- In close cooperation with the Programme Officer, the Resource Management Unit and the Regional Office, contribute to coordinating timely and accurate narrative and financial reporting, including drafting of narrative reports, according to specifications, standards and timelines required by IOM and the respective donor.
- In close cooperation with IOM Finland’s Communications staff and other Project Coordinators, contribute to development of project information materials, statistics, briefings and communications with internal and external stakeholders in line with agreed standards and overall IOM approaches.
- Implement proper monitoring and backstopping mechanisms, and ensure that all hard and electronic documents for assigned projects are duly completed and stored in relevant filing systems, and maintain electronic databases for all related projects.
- Participate in project development within the office with a particular focus on AVRR/CT activities in the Nordic countries.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Chief of Mission/Sub-regional Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, preferably in Social Sciences or related fields with a minimum four years of professional experience in migration or related fields;
- High school degree with at least six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in implementation of Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration and familiarity with IOM policies on AVRR and/or assistance to vulnerable migrants and Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings is considered advantageous;
- Technical mastery of Excel and Outlook and good knowledge of other MS-Office applications;
- Experience in project implementation and management, including managing and monitoring a project budget is considered advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in writing reports and project documents.
- Fluency in English and Finnish (oral and written);
- Working knowledge of especially Swedish; Russian, Arabic, Dari or Pashto is considered advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategicall
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: email@example.com) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer to inquiries at this stage.
From 05.11.2020 to 22.11.2020
- Johtava projektipäällikkö
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Kumppanuus- ja varainhankintapäällikkö
- Vastuuviikon koordinaattori
- Country Director
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, UNITAMS
- Police Expert
- Vastaava visuaalinen suunnittelija
- Televarainhankinnan koordinaattori (sijaisuus)
- Opiskelijajäsenhankinnan koordinaattori
- Kampanjakoordinaattori (sijaisuus)
- Koordinaattori, jäsenpalvelu ja kansalaistoiminta
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.