Programme Support Delegate, Eswatini
Finnish Red Cross is searching for a Programme Support Delegate specialized in Food Security and Livelihoods Programs to Eswatini in Southern Africa. The duration of the mission is 9 Months, beginning in May 2021.
Finnish Red Cross (FRC) has supported the work of the Eswatini Red Cross Society (BERCS) for almost 20 years in the fields of health, food security, community resilience and National Society Development. In response to Eswatini’s ongoing food security crisis, FRC is concluding the implementation of an ECHO funded action “Humanitarian Assistance to Vulnerable Communities Affected by the Food Security Crisis and the COVID-19 Pandemic in Eswatini” and will soon start the implementation of a Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland funded project “Emergency Food Assistance and Livelihoods Recovery in Eswatini”. The project will target an estimated population of 1’000 vulnerable households with immediate food assistance and 3’500 households with livelihood recovery support, such as provision of drought-resistant seeds and trainings on climate-smart agricultural techniques. The assistance is provided through cash grants.
The main purpose of this position is to support BERCS in the implementation of the MFA-funded project “Emergency Food Assistance and Livelihoods Recovery in Eswatini”. Working in close coordination with the BERCS project team, the Delegate will have the overall responsibility of supporting the efficient implementation, and technical and financial management aspects of the operation including reporting, in line with FRC and MFA requirements, procedures and policies.
If requested, the delegate will also provide technical and monitoring support to other similar projects in the region. Based on needs, the delegate may also support early warning/early action initiatives with a focus on droughts.
Project/Programme Cycle Management
- Ensuring that the planning, implementation and reporting of the project is conducted in timely and accurate manner, and as per FRC, BERCS and back-donor requirements.
- Working with the National Society on improving the implementation quality, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Reviewing the narrative and financial programme reports that are compiled by the BERCS national project implementation teams.
- Ensuring the mainstreaming of cross-cutting themes; gender, environment/climate sustainability, social inclusion, humanitarian values and RCRC principles.
- Promoting the learning environment of the BERCS team.
Technical support / Food Security and Livelihoods, Cash Based Intervention (CBI)
- Ensuring that all components of the food security and livelihoods CBI are well implemented.
- Supporting the local team in design and implementation of the livelihood assessment.
- Supporting in the design and implementation of the Food Assistance and Livelihood components of the Action; and the planning of any new food security/livelihood interventions in the region.
- Supporting in the design, management and implementation of the database, and data management in general.
Organizational Development and Representation
- In all matters, supporting BERCS and working collaboratively with all partners participating in the process.
- Promote team building within the project staff to promote diversity and create an enabling environment whereby team members – individually and collectively – can give their best in pursuit of the project objectives.
- Represent the FRC vis-à-vis the BERCS and Red Cross Movement Partners in Eswatini.
We are looking for a Candidate with the following Target Profile:
- University Degree in a relevant field (e.g. disaster management, management, social sciences, rural development or other relevant background)
- Professional qualifications in food security, livelihoods, disaster management and project management
- Strong proven professional experience of working in the field of food security, rural livelihoods, Disaster Preparedness/Disaster Risk Reduction, development cooperation and/or humanitarian aid. Experience of cash transfer programming and Anticipatory / Forecast-based Action (drought) is an asset.
- Solid experience in donor, preferably MFA Finland and/or ECHO, funded project management cycle, reporting and financial management.
- Experience in working in developing country context.
- Previous working experience with the Red Cross Movement partners is highly valued.
3. Skills and knowledge
- Practical and proven knowledge of project management and experience in programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting and results-based management.
- Proven skills in financial and narrative reporting.
- Ability to build up relations of trust and confidentiality with NS’s management and technical counterparts
- Excellent skills in producing technical and analytical reports and text in general.
- Ability to work with minimum support with pressure from strict deadlines.
- Fluent written and spoken English
The preferred start for the mission is in May 2021. The position is confirmed based on funding.
For more information, please call Finnish Red Cross Desk Officer for Southern Africa Sari Autio, tel. +358 40 575 5152 on Wednesday April 7th between 12:30 and 14:00 GMT +2.
To apply for the position, kindly send your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible, but on April 14th at the latest to email@example.com Mark your email “Programme Support Delegate, Eswatini”.
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUCAP Sahel Niger
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, UNSOM
- EU Grant Administrator and Financial Administrator
- Senior Finance Officer
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Special Prosecutor’s Office
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija (luonnonvarasektori)
- YK:n vapaaehtoistyöntekijöitä (UNV)
- Etiopian maatoimiston päällikkö
- Kehityspolitiikan asiantuntija
- Sukupuolten välinen oikeudenmukaisuus (gender) -teeman asiantuntija ja teologian opettaja
- Alueellisen hankehallinnon asiantuntija
- Alueellisen hankehallinnon koordinaattori
- Talouden ja hyvän hallinnon asiantuntija
- Globaalikasvatuksen asiantuntija
- Viestintä- ja markkinointipäällikkö
- Visuaalisen viestinnän suunnittelija
- Visuaalisen viestinnän asiantuntija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.