Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organisation for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. As a civil society actor, FCA realises its mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. FCA is a rights based actor and works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA has been working in Cambodia since the end of the 1970’s providing humanitarian aid and supporting the development of livelihoods, quality education opportunities and youth participation for the poorest people. Currently the main donors for FCA’s Cambodia programme are the Government of Finland and private donors. FCA collaborates with a variety of partners ranging from local NGOs to government, international organisations and private sector actors.
To enhance the quality and accountability of our work we are now opening a new position and are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer is responsible for developing and supporting planning, monitoring, evaluation, documentation, learning and research within FCA Cambodia Country Programme and its projects. S/he will support the Regional Quality and Accountability Adviser in rolling out FCA’s MEAL guidelines, practices and tools.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for working closely with FCA Cambodia programme staff and to some extent partner NGOs’ staff, to develop and implement best-practice monitoring and evaluation tools and approaches. This will include training staff on best practice approaches to data collection, including mobile data collection and ensuring the confidentiality and rights of beneficiaries are respected. The MEAL Officer will support the analysis of results and help develop products to disseminate the findings of surveys and assessments. S/he will be tasked with building the capacity of FCA and partner NGOs’ staff to strengthen their monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and approaches.
The MEAL Officer will support program design by tracking progress against program-wide monitoring indicators and collecting and drafting information relevant to improving the evidence base for the design of programs.
The MEAL Officer will also support the recruitment of specialist consultants for project evaluations and thematic assessments, and support the publication and dissemination of these evaluations and field studies.
Education: Minimum a Bachelor in Social Sciences field
Experience: 3 years field experience in Program Design and Development, Program Monitoring and Evaluation, and Capacity Building.
Required knowledge & skills:
- Understanding of the concept of accountability and its implications in monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data, and use it for high quality reporting and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training.
- Previous experience with developing PME tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Khmer.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, Power Point, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations and other applications.
- Experience of working with development, humanitarian and/or advocacy programs in Cambodia
- Integrity, objectivity and professional competence;
- Demonstrated sensitivity to (cultural) diversity and gender issues;
The following skills will be considered as an asset:
- Knowledge on mobile data collection
- Knowledge of or past experience on Core Humanitarian Standard and/or different safeguarding mechanisms
- Knowledge on (Human) Rights Based Approach
The permanent contract for this position is with a probation period of 3 months. The MEAL Officer will report to the Regional Quality and Accountability Advisor. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
Please apply by Friday 7th December 2018.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Viestinnän asiantuntija (EU-puheenjohtajuuskausi)
- Yritysyhteistyön vastaava
- Arvioinnin asiantuntija
- Koordinaattori koulu- ja oppilaitosyhteistyöhön
- Markkinointi- ja varainhankintapäällikkö
- Tapahtumakoordinaattori (EU-puheenjohtajuuskausi)
- European Aid Volunteers
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.