AgroBIG is an agricultural development programme in Ethiopia funded by Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Finland (MFA Finland). The purpose of AgroBIG is to assist in developing value addition at various levels of selected agricultural value chains, in order to increase incomes and create jobs for farming households and other value chain actors. Particular emphasis is placed on women and youth. AgroBIG facilitates economic growth in agriculture by working with and supporting profitable value chains that benefit the involved market actors and stakeholders along the selected chains. The programme focuses on two geographically delineated production clusters around Lake Tana that include eight woredas in Amhara: North Achefer, South Achefer, Mecha North, Mecha South, Bahir Dar Zuria, Dera, Fogera and Libokemkem. The first phase of AgroBIG ended in 2016. The second phase of AgroBIG will run from 2017-2021. http://www.agrobig.org/
Position: Junior Expert (JE) – Knowledge Management (KM) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Overall Role: The aim of the position is to provide a junior-level Finnish development cooperation expert real-life exposure to development projects on the ground, as well as practical understanding of project implementation. Even if the aim is to support in capacity development of the expert, s/he will have diverse tasks and responsibilities contributing to achievement of Programme results. The JE will work under close supervision and mentoring by the TA team leader, but will also work with other PSU staff (especially the M&E Specialist), and stakeholders. As a member of the PSU, the JE contributes to the overall execution of the Programme, which is coordinated by the Programme Director. The JE will be based in the PSU in Bahir Dar, but is expected to travel in the Programme woredas and elsewhere in the country as necessary.
- Support revision of Programme M&E system, management of its database, and improving the processes for data collection and M&E;
- Support in knowledge management, including collecting and disseminating best practices to diverse stakeholders including beneficiaries;
- Assist in conducting studies etc. related to M&E and knowledge management;
- In his/her fields of expertise and professional specialities, carry out capacity strengthening activities for the Programme’s partners and beneficiaries;
- Carry out diverse tasks related to communications and Programme outreach, including updating Programme website and publishing newsletters and other material;
- Participate in planning and implementation of activities supported by the Programme;
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions of other donor funded projects and represent Programme as necessary;
- Other tasks assigned by the PSU through the TA team leader.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
Preferable working experience:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in data collection, M&E and communications is desirable.
- Preferably maximum 32 years old.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Finnish.
- Interest and willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment and rural conditions in Ethiopia.
Location: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Period: 2 years from September/October 2019.
Employer & Contact person / Written application with CV by 02 September 2019:
NIRAS Finland Oy, Ratatie 11, 01300 Vantaa. Esa Haapasalo, firstname.lastname@example.org / 040-456 0188
- Reach Out 3 -hankekoordinaattori
- Country Delegate to Ethiopia
- Tiimin esimies
- Järjestökehityksen päällikkö
- Valmiustoiminnan päällikkö
- Erityisasiantuntija (metsä/luonnonvarat ja osaamisen kehittäminen)
- Tarkastaja (Afrikan sarvi -tiimi)
- Tarkastaja (eteläisen Aasian yksikkö)
- Events and Administration Officer
- Neuvonantaja, kehityspolitiikka ja kehitysyhteistyö
- Nuorten turvatalon johtaja
- Teologian tohtoreita opetustehtäviin
- Erityisasiantuntija (kehityspolitiikka)
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.