International Logistics Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is seeking for a International Logistics Officer to to provide support to country offices in logistics management, namely in procurement, inventory and fleet management.
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide support to country offices in all logistics activities, namely procurement, inventory, transport & fleet management and field travel protocols
- Support international procurement and customs clearance processes as per country office needs
- Support the country office in developing logistics procedures and systems that are adaptable to their context while ensuring accountability and streamlined process
- Verify country office monthly logistics planning and reporting. Prepare global monthly report of logistics.
- Ensure that the logistics systems in the country offices comply with FCA and donor procedures. Provide support where needed.
- Provide support to country offices per requests of the supervisor, country office and, internal and external audit recommendations
- Ensure good coordination with concerning head office staff
- Fulfill employer’s legal and FCA’s guiding documents’ requirements concerning logistics and procurement
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years field working experience of logistics or procurement at an iNGO
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience working in emergency or post-conflict contexts
- Knowledgeable of the legal, tax, customs and other logistics issues in fragile contexts
- Substantial experience with logistics; including procurement, warehousing, fleet management and customs regulations, developing specifications for RFP/RFQs/ and tendering. Public & EU regulated tendering experience is an advantage
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with persistent attention to detail
- Fluency in English. French is an advantage.
- Ability to travel, in short notice, up to 60% of the working hours
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheets and supply chain software
- Results-oriented: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and others to accomplish a goal
- Ability to train employees when needed
The position is located in Helsinki (remote work may be considered). The fixed term contract will be from 1st September 2019 to 31st December 2020 with a probation period of four months. The compensation is based on FCA salary scale and the candidate’s level of experience.
For more information please contact International Operations Manager Mr. Uluc Baslanti: uluc.baslanti (at) kua.fi
Please apply by using the link no later than on 1 August 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
- Ilmastotyön asiantuntija
- Knowledge Management & Training Advisor
- Education Manager/Education Specialist
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Nuorten osallisuuden koordinaattori
- Talous- ja hallintopäällikkö
- Vaikuttamistyön päällikkö
- Regional Health Advisor
- Vaikuttamisviestinnän vastaava
- Business Development Manager
- Talous- ja hallintoassistentti
- Administration & Procurement Officer
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.