Finance and Administrative Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is seeking a Finance and Administrative Officer to work in the team of the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (Network) for fixed-term employment based in Bangkok, Thailand. The expanding work of the Network in South and Southeast Asia is requiring this committed team member to take care of the financial and administrative management of a project “Southeast Asia: Advancing Inter-Religious Dialogue and Freedom of Religion or Belief”. This regional multi-stakeholder project builds on earlier work conducted by the Network and its partners to advance inclusive societies across the region.
The Finance and Administrative officer works in close collaboration with the core project team and FCA Finance team. S/he ensures that the relevant legal, donor and internal requirements related to finances and administration of the grant are met. S/he also provides technical advice and support in financial management to the partners and stakeholders in the project, contributing to the successful implementation and achievement of project results.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Ensure that the project partners comply with donor, contractual and internal requirements related to administration and financial management;
- Establish a system/mechanism for funds transfers to partners and small grants’ recipients in the region and reporting procedures for the used funds;
- Coordinate logistical arrangements, administration and finances of events (such as seminars) organized in South and Southeast Asia;
- Establish document systems and procedures for adequate administrative and financial management;
- Establish a system for project routine financial reporting.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, and/or relevant accounting certification
- Professional experience in financial management/accounting
- Understanding of donor requirements related to finances and administration (preferably EU)
- Ability to adapt to new working environments
- Ability to achieve results with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation
- Expertise with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint); accounting softwares, Advanced Excel skills preferable
- Proficiency in written and oral English
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until June 2021 with four months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible.
For more information please contact Edla Puoskari, edla.puoskari(at)kirkonulkomaanapu.fi between 4 and 9 January 2019. Please apply by using the link no later than 17 January 2019. The applications will be reviewed immediately upon arrival and candidates will be approached for interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
FCA hosts the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (Network), a network that brings together actors to provide global support for grassroots to international peacemaking and peacebuilding efforts. The activities of the Network involve approximately 50 active organisations around the globe. The Network Secretariat consists of approximately 12 staff members that work in four different continents.
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.