External evaluator (EU Presidency Project 2019–2020)
Finnish Development NGOs Fingo is seeking an external evaluator to carry out real-time learning evaluation of the EU Presidency Project project using the Critical Friend methodology.
The six upcoming presidencies of the EU Council from 2019 to 2021 represent an important opportunity to advocate responsible political decision making and active global citizenship for an open, fair and sustainable Europe in the world. Therefore, the six national NGO platforms and CONCORD (the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs) have joined their forces to ensure long-term consistency and coherence between the individual presidencies.
The evaluator is expected to perform the following tasks
- Review project documents to date, carry out a desk review of relevant project measurement tools and conduct inception meetings with the coordination team.
- Interview staff and Steering Group members, partners and other relevant stakeholders in order to gain an understanding of the project's aims.
- Participate in selected project activities;
- Conduct consultative workshops with staff and key stakeholders.
- Participate in staff and Steering Group meetings.
- Work as a dialogue partner for the key actors of the project in terms of project progress and give feedback on any improvements, gaps and potential opportunities.
Applicants may be individuals, groups of individuals with a designated team lead, or consultants.
Applicants must have at a minimum the following qualifications
- Experience in conducting evaluations to a high standard
- Demonstrated experience of applying a Critical Friend methodology
- Demonstrated experience of evaluation in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated experience of evaluation involving qualitative data and ‘soft’ outcomes
- Demonstrated experience of evaluating projects that are funded by the European Union
- An understanding of the nature of capacity development work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
Interested applicants should submit a tender including the following (no more than 6 pages excluding annexes)
- Evaluation methodology: Describe your overall approach and evaluation methodology including, but not limited to, evaluation questions, evaluation design and methodology.
- Relevant experience: Provide details of projects of similar scope, complexity and nature you have worked on previously.
- Specific expertise: Describe your level of knowledge and expertise in applying the Critical Friend methodology.
- Key personnel and staffing: Describe the key personnel. Include CVs (no more than 2 pages each and attached as annex) of key personnel who will be part of the proposed plan.
- Timeline: Include a detailed timeline of key activities.
- Two references (including telephone numbers) and web links to previous work (if available).
Applications are to be sent no later than 22 February to rekry(at)fingo.fi. Applications will be reviewed, and the candidates shortlisted by an evaluation committee set up for the selection. A few suitable candidates will be interviewed prior to final decision.
Terms of Reference (pdf)
Further information (From 4th of February onwards)
Tel: +358 40 7544 883
- Consultant, environment and climate change
- Kaksi F2F-koordinaattoria
- Diplomaattiuran virkamiehiä ulkoministeriöön (Kavaku)
- Viestintäpäällikkö (sijaisuus)
- Johdon assistentti
- Vapaaehtoistoiminnan suunnittelija
- Koordinaattori Nuorten turvataloon
- Junior Expert
- Resource Mobilization Specialist
- Communications Associate
- Publications Associate
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.