Tropical Cyclone Idai made landfall during the night of 14 to 15 March 2019 near Beira City, Sofala Province, in central Mozambique. ACT Alliance has mobilized its global humanitarian mechanism to respond to this emergency, with a view of scaling up the capacity of its members present in-country and international members setting up humanitarian operations as necessary. Finn Church Aid and its local partner will work together in education sector response. The partners will address the education sector needs by through an integrated approach consisting of education infrastructure rehabilitation, support to teachers and psychosocial support to crisis affected education personnel and learners.
The Education in Emergencies (EiE) Specialist is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design and implementation of the education components of FCA’s and its local partner/s emergency response. The EiE Specialist will report to Team Leader/Emergency Response Manager and co-ordinate with other Emergency Response team members. The EiE Specialist will coordinate FCA’s EiE response with relevant technical sectors including but not limited to education and protection, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response. In addition she/he will need to ensure response to immediate child education issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios. She/he will take also an active role in project PME, and lead/supervise, support and capacity build other education project staff ensuring project quality.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing and leading education needs assessment and response analysis
- Assess available capacities for education related responses
- Identify suitable education sector partner/s incl. local NGO´s
- Support the development of project design and plans related to education with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs
- Develop and manage project implementation and adherence to related work plans and M&E plans
- Follow up financial resources allocated to the project
- Ensure regular data collection to response agreed indicators, including reporting to Education Cluster
- Prepare regular activity reports as agreed per reporting schedule
- Participate in Education and Protection Clusters, coordinate with local and international NGO partners, UN, local government and recipients to plan, organize and implement EiE activities.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to EiE project team
- Support FCA’s Partners in their response with specific focus on:
- Developing and implementing 1st phase EiE activities, incl. teacher training
- Developing strategies for 1st phase response activities with linkages to recovery phase
- Ensuring capacity building of partner/national staff throughout the response
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 3 years international humanitarian field experience.
- Advanced university degree in education or other relevant educational background
- Knowledge of INEE Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies, Child Protection in Emergencies and/or Psycho-Social Support.
- Knowledge of education methodologies and teacher professional development through training, coaching and mentoring
- Capacity to organize and hold trainings for participants from various background
- Ability to support on the job capacity building/tutoring
- Knowledge of the UN and IASC cluster system
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to emergency and IDP situations.
- Experience in developing proposals and writing reports
- Proficiency in English is obligatory, Portuguese preferred second.
- Strong management and leadership skills in humanitarian response
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Ability to integrate and work well within multicultural teams
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with analytic approach
- Strong interpersonal and representation skills
- Good communication skills and drive for results approach
The fixed term contract will be made until 31st December 2019 with a probation period of four months. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience.
Duty station: Beira, Sofala Province, Mozambique, with in-country travel to project areas. Due to the nature of the deployment, this is a non-family position.
For further information please contact FCA Humanitarian Deployment Manager Anu Riikonen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 15th May 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis. As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your availability and suitability against the criteria mentioned above.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
FCA practices zero tolerance against any kind of abuse. FCA’s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
- Vaikuttamistyön johtaja
- Project Management Services
- Justice Expert, UNSOM
- Kaksi avustajaa
- Rule of Law/Human rights Expert
- Helsingin ja Uudenmaan piirin toiminnanjohtaja
- Portfolio Manager (EU DEVCO/ECHO)
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUAM Ukraine
- Product Owner
- Koordinator, vikariat
- Osa-aikainen kouluyhteistyön aluekoordinaattori
- Kansainvälisen rahoituksen päällikkö, sijaisuus
- Emergency Livelihoods Specialist, Humanitarian Roster
- Construction Specialist, Humanitarian Roster
- Logistics Coordinator, Humanitarian Roster
- Emergency Finance and HR Administrator, Humanitarian Roster
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.