Adviser, Humanitarian Livelihoods
Position’s purpose is to strengthen FCA’s livelihood programming in humanitarian aid in line with FCA’s Global Strategy and Programme. We are looking for a seasoned professional in humanitarian livelihoods programming and networking with experience of programme development and implementation and practical knowledge of cash-based approaches, resilience and/or income generation through skills development.
The post will be located in the Humanitarian Assistance Unit (HUA) in Helsinki, in the International Cooperation department, and terms of employment for locally hired employees will be applied. HUA consists of six staff members stationed in Helsinki and works in a close collaboration with humanitarian staff in FCA’s Country Offices. HUA has the overall responsibility of humanitarian aid at FCA, including capacity building and support to the Country Offices. The Adviser will report to the Head of Humanitarian Assistance Aid Unit.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop tools, standards, guidelines and policies for humanitarian livelihoods programming as part of FCA Global Programme and in line with FCA’s Global Strategy and humanitarian sub-strategy, with particular focus on resilience, cash based approaches and food security
- Support the increasing and diversifying of humanitarian livelihoods portfolios in Country Offices
- Participation in the Global Food Security Cluster
- Develop and strengthen linkages between vocational and business skills development, employment and entrepreneurship
- Provide livelihoods related expertise to the country offices in different stages of FCA’s humanitarian interventions
- Provide capacity building, training and mentoring to FCA staff in Country Offices related to livelihoods tools, standards, guidelines, policies and programming in humanitarian aid
- Strengthen linkages between humanitarian aid, development cooperation and advocacy in FCA’s livelihood programming
- Follow national and global discussion and trends related to livelihoods and assess their implications on FCA’s programming
- Network and build relationships with external actors – globally and in Finland
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Master’s Degree and/or relevant work experience in humanitarian aid operations preferably focusing on food security and livelihoods response in refugee or (post-)conflict and fragile contexts
- Solid experience of livelihood programming with special focus on humanitarian aid, resilience, cash based approaches and skills development
- Proven skills and capacity to develop tools and policies to guide humanitarian livelihoods response and build the capacity of staff and partners Good understanding ofhumanitarian quality assurance tools and coordination structures, including cluster coordination
- Experience of advocacy work and networking in humanitarian aid
- Good coordination skills and experience of working in multicultural settings
- Good communication, networking and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and readiness to travel to project implementation sites and work in challenging circumstances
- Fluency in written and oral English; French, Arabic and other languages an asset.
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until March 2020 with four months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible. International applicants with a valid work permit in Finland will be considered for the post. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. For more information please contact Head of Humanitarian Assistance Unit Ms. Eija Alajarva by e-mail eija.alajarva (at) kua.fi. Please apply by using the link no later than on 23 April 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
- Deputy Head of Mission
- Hankehallinnon asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (tasa-arvokysymykset)
- Eduskuntaryhmän avustajia
- Kaksi poliittista asiantuntijaa
- Global grants adviser
- Ilmastotyön asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (innovaatiot ja digitaalinen kehitys)
- Consultant – Education in Emergencies Impact Assessment
- Terveydenhuollon suunnittelija
- Project Officer
- Innovation and digital development specialist
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.