Resource Mobilization Specialist
Plan International Finland is seeking an experienced institutional fundraiser with strong expertise in designing humanitarian and development programmes. You will lead the growth of our programme portfolio with the focus on mobilizing resources from the EU, multilateral institutions and other donors through innovative programming that brings together a variety of partners to work for the advancement of children’s rights and equality for girls.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify new humanitarian and development funding opportunities for Plan International Finland from institutional donors, including the EU (DEVCO and ECHO), UN, international development finance institutions and foundations;
- Write and oversee the preparation of humanitarian and development grant proposals in cooperation with Plan’s programme countries and Plan Finland’s programme managers and technical specialists;
- Engage with programme countries to identify and design new grant-funded programmes, especially on Plan Finland’s strategic priority areas;
- Follow the trends in development policies among institutional donors and translate these into strategic approaches for Plan Finland’s growth related to grants;
- Ensure that project designs support the implementation of Plan’s strategy and gender transformative programming;
- Follow and support the work of Plan EU Liaison Office and take part in the EU grants taskforce;
- Contribute to contract negotiations and the start-up phase of new grant-funded programmes;
Readiness to travel up to 8-10 weeks a year, sometimes at short notice.
- Educated to university degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. social or development studies) or relatable experience;
- Demonstrable evidence of successful fundraising in relation to humanitarian and development grants from bilateral donors and EU and/or other multilateral donors;
- Significant experience in humanitarian and development programme design and proposal development;
- Good understanding of the current trends in development aid funding;
- Fluency in English; strong writing skills;
- Work well under pressure and against tight deadlines;
- Strong team-working, negotiation and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Experience implementing human rights-based approaches and gender transformative programming
- Strong personal and professional commitment to advancing equality for girls and the realisation of rights for all children.
We offer you an opportunity to work as part of a leading global organisation on girls’ rights, together with strong professionals with an excellent team spirit. Plan International Finland is a workplace that attaches much importance to workplace wellbeing and a strong job satisfaction. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity and applications from all qualified candidates are encouraged, including persons with disabilities.
This is a permanent contract based in Helsinki, Finland or in a location where Plan International has a legal entity and you have the right to work. Employment terms will be as per local conditions. The Specialist will work as part of the Programme Team of Plan International Finland and report to the Programme Director.
Please submit your application with the salary expectation through our website at https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/Resource-Mobilization-Specialist-%28Institutional-funding%29/m2PrAZ by Monday 9 September 2019. The interviews will take place the week commencing 16 September 2019.
Plan International Finland is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls in developing countries and around the world. We connect committed people with powerful ideas in order to find solutions and trigger change that makes a real difference for children, especially girls. For over 80 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to claim their rights, free themselves of poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan has no religious or political affiliations.
- Reach Out 3 -hankekoordinaattori
- Country Delegate to Ethiopia
- Tiimin esimies
- Järjestökehityksen päällikkö
- Valmiustoiminnan päällikkö
- Erityisasiantuntija (metsä/luonnonvarat ja osaamisen kehittäminen)
- Tarkastaja (Afrikan sarvi -tiimi)
- Tarkastaja (eteläisen Aasian yksikkö)
- Events and Administration Officer
- Neuvonantaja, kehityspolitiikka ja kehitysyhteistyö
- Nuorten turvatalon johtaja
- Teologian tohtoreita opetustehtäviin
- Erityisasiantuntija (kehityspolitiikka)
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.