CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organisation that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. CMI contributes to conflict resolution through dialogue and mediation, mediation support, and support to national actors.
Due to emerging new needs in its files supporting mediation capacities and initiatives of African regional organisations and actors, CMI is seeking two additional Project Officers for its Africa team.
The Project Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting project planning, implementation and reporting including budget management
- Analysing contextual developments in African countries and regions and providing substantive documents and briefs as requested
- Supporting fundraising applications and liaising with donors
- Arranging international travel and logistical support for high profile events and/or individuals.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in a similar role, preferably in an international environment, in the areas of mediation, conflict resolution via dialogue or peacebuilding. Understanding of key conflict dynamics in African regions is considered an asset as well as field experience.
- Have a good understanding, practical experience and a demonstrated strong interest in issues related to conflict resolution.
- Have excellent communication and teamworking skills as well as experience in working with international organizations and on politically sensitive matters.
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills, creativity, gender sensitivity and good political judgement.
- Have a flexible attitude and ability to work in a dynamic, international team with sometimes tight timelines and under pressure.
- Have strong analytical and writing skills as well as good IT skills.
- Have fluent written and spoken skills in English. Knowledge of French and potentially Arabic are an asset.
- Have a university degree from a relevant field.
- Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality.
One of the positions will be located in Helsinki (Finland), one might be at our Brussels office (tbd). Frequent travel might be required. At this stage, these positions are fixed-term positions (up to 3 years depending on the funding of the position). Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
We offer you a chance to learn and grow as a professional in one of the leading conflict resolution organisations in the world with some of the best experts on the field. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV together with a short motivation letter and salary request to applications(at)cmi.fi latest on Wednesday 17 April with the reference “Project Officer”. We will start reviewing and interviewing suitable applicants as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact applications(at)cmi.fi.
- Deputy Head of Mission
- Hankehallinnon asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (tasa-arvokysymykset)
- Eduskuntaryhmän avustajia
- Kaksi poliittista asiantuntijaa
- Global grants adviser
- Ilmastotyön asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (innovaatiot ja digitaalinen kehitys)
- Consultant – Education in Emergencies Impact Assessment
- Terveydenhuollon suunnittelija
- Project Officer
- Innovation and digital development specialist
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.