Project Manager, SSA, Horn of Africa
CMI – Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation is an independent Finnish organisation that works to prevent and resolve conflicts through dialogue and mediation. Founded in 2000 by Nobel Peace Laureate and former President of Finland Martti Ahtisaari, we have since grown to be a leader in the field of international peace making.
CMI is seeking an experienced project manager for its SSA team.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Grant management of an EU -funded project,
- Leading and managing experts and project staff and ensuring responsible and efficient implementation of the work and related resources,
- Liaising with project partners and the funder,
- Participating in the development of the overall CMI programme and cross team working.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have a good understanding and practical knowledge of the Horn of Africa region, the dynamics and politics, relevant peace processes, regional organizations and related diplomatic efforts,
- Have extensive skills and at least seven years of practical experience in EU grant management and project management (e.g. strategic development, PME and budgeting),
- Have strong skills in building and managing relationships with local, regional and international organizations as well as the funders,
- Have excellent leadership, people management and teamworking skills,
- Have an ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines,
- Have fluent written and spoken skills in English,
- Have a Master’s degree from a relevant field,
- Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality.
Project Manager will report to Head, Sub-Saharan Africa. The position is located in Helsinki or Brussels. Frequent travel is required. The position is for a fixed year period of 3 years pending final funding decision from the funder. Preferred starting date is as agreed. Apply through the link by October 5th with your CV, application letter and salary request. Applications received through e-mail will not be taken into account.
If you have any questions regarding the position, Head for Sub-Saharan Africa Tiina Kukkamaa-Bah is happy to answer any questions you might have by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply between 14 September 2021 and 5 October 2021 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Fixed term
CMI – Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation is an independent Finnish organisation that works to prevent and resolve conflicts through dialogue and mediation. Founded in 2000 by Nobel Peace Laureate and former President of Finland Martti Ahtisaari, we have since grown to be a leader in the field of international peacemaking.
Location: Eteläranta 12, Helsinki
- Henkilöstöasiantuntija, Johtava asiantuntija (2 eri paikkaa)
- Harjoittelija digivarainhankintaan
- Ilmasto- ja ympäristöasiantuntija
- Alueellinen viestinnän asiantuntija, Latinalainen Amerikka
- Järjestötoiminnan koordinaattori
- Kansainvälisen työn ohjelmapäällikkö
- Sosiaalityöntekijä / Sosiaaliohjaaja
- Alueellisen hankehallinnon asiantuntija
- Teologisten aineiden opettaja
- Digitaalisen viestinnän asiantuntija
- Junior Expert (JE) – Knowledge Management (KM) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Kirkon johtamisen ja organisaation kehittämisen asiantuntija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.