Project Manager (Bridge 47)
Fingo is looking to recruit a Project Manager.
Finnish Development NGOs Fingo ry is looking to recruit a Project Manager to the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project for a 20-month contract starting in February 2019.
The tasks of the Project Manager include:
- Overseeing the implementation of project activities and that the project is implemented in accordance with the contract with the European Commission
- Acting as the team leader of an international, remote team with 20+ team members.
- Monitoring of activities and expenses
- Preparation of progress reports
- Coordination of the monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Facilitation of the Steering Group (Advisory Board of the project)
- Representing the project in external events
- Conducting any other tasks broadly in line with the job profile of a Project Manager
What do we expect?
- Knowledge and commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and planning capacity
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with EC funded projects and their rules and requirements
- Fluency in English
- University Degree or equivalent
- At least five-year experience in coordination European/international programs or networks
- Experience in managing EU-funded or similar projects
- Experience in advocacy work with European or global institutions
- Experience in and motivation to lead a complex European project
In addition, we appreciate:
- Knowledge of European and global policies related to Global Citizenship Education
- Problem solving capacity, mediation and facilitation skills
- Reliability as a team player
- Ability to establish good working relations with the several players and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Availability to travel in other countries
What can we offer?
We offer a meaningful and interesting position that will allow you work in the area Global Citizenship Education.
Bridge 47 is a project that aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through Global Citizenship Education. The project provides a space for civil society organisations, activists and other interested people to interact with one another, exchange information and resources and develop new and innovative approaches for global citizenship education.
Fingo is an NGO platform which was formed by the Finnish NGDO Platform to the European Union, Kehys and Finnish Platform for Development NGOs, Kepa. Fingo works to bring together 300 development NGO’s, influence political decision-making, and coordinate the work of its members. Our modern premises with great public transport connections can be found in Vallila, Helsinki.
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to rekry(at)fingo.fi. Please include the reference “Bridge 47 – Project Manager” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications will be reviewed as they come in, and the position may be filled before the deadline.
For further information, please contact Rilli Lappalainen, +358 50 561 3456, the following times:
- 7 January 2019 2-3 PM EET
- 9 January 2019 2-3 PM EET
Closing date of the call: 13 January 2019, 4 PM EET
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.