Project Coordinator, Humanitarian assistance
The post’s purpose is to support to FCA’s humanitarian aid programmes and field presence in FCA’s new programme and non-program countries with humanitarian operations in line with FCA’s Global Strategy and Programme.
The post will be located in the Humanitarian Assistance Unit (HUA) in Helsinki, in the International Cooperation department, and terms of employment for locally hired employees will be applied. HUA consists of six staff members stationed in Helsinki and works in a close collaboration with humanitarian staff in FCA’s Country Offices. HUA has the overall responsibility of humanitarian aid at FCA, including capacity building and support to the Country Offices. The Project Coordinator will report to the Head of Humanitarian Assistance Aid Unit.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Administrate FCA’s disaster fund and projects funded by private and parish funding (including internal and back-donor reporting, statistics and official archive)
- Support to FCA’s humanitarian aid programmes (funding applications, monitoring and reporting etc.) and field presence in FCA’s new programme and non-program countries
- Geographical follow-up of FCA programme and non-program countries together with HUA colleagues
- Support practical arrangements for roster, roster training and short deployments
- Support communications and domestic work in humanitarian aid programs and operations
- Support in internal annual planning, reporting for HUA
- Internal communication, such as updating work space and intranet for HUA
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Relevant educational background, such as Master’s Degree in international development, social sciences, humanitarian assistance
- Relevant work experience in the sectors of development cooperation or humanitarian assistance
- Experience in writing project proposals and reports in English
- Experience in progamme management cycle
- Experience in financial management
- Flexible and ability to ability work under pressure
- Good coordination and problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate and work well in a multicultural organization
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and oral English and Finnish, while other languages (French, Arabic, Spanish) is an advantage.
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until 31.12.2019 with three months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible. International applicants with a valid work permit in Finland will be considered for the post. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. For more information please contact Head of Humanitarian Assistance Unit Ms. Eija Alajarva by e-mail eija.alajarva (at) kua.fi. Please apply by using the link no later than on 28 April 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
- YK:n apulaisasiantuntijatehtävä (JPO)
- Consultants for Final Evaluation, Emergency Hospital Operation, Bangladesh
- Talous- ja hallintokoordinaattori
- Police Reform Adviser P-4, Etiopia
- Suunnittelija, maahanmuuttajien työelämäkoulutus
- Vertaistoiminnan suunnittelija
- Consultant(s) to support programme re-design
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.