Project Coordinator – based in Bangkok, Thailand
FCA is seeking a Project Coordinator for its Network Asia Team of seven people. The Project Coordinator leads the implementation of the EU-funded regional multi-stakeholder project “AHA! Awareness with Human Action“.
The AHA project seeks to contribute to the response efforts of the COVID-19 pandemic by preventing conflict and building social cohesion in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and broader South Asia. The specific objective is to increase outreach for initiatives that promote awareness of COVID-19 and constructive narratives that reduce discrimination, hate speech, and stigmatization against specific communities, primarily targeting religious leaders, and women and youth leaders as community influencers.
The Project Coordinator demonstrates advanced knowledge, understanding and capacities to work on peacebuilding in South Asia and collaboration with networks of youth, women and religious actors. The activities of the large consortium project are focused around strategic communication and dissemination actions, support to community-level initiatives through small grants, capacity building and training online, operational learning and advocacy efforts.
The Project Coordinator ensures that the relevant legal, donor and internal requirements related to the project are met and coordinates relations and activities of the partners and stakeholders in the project. Experience in EU project management and management of small grants programme is particularly weighted in the competitive selection process.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Act as the operational focal point and point of contact for the progress of the project;
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between partners for example by organising regular and collective dialogues to coordinate the detailed design of activities;
- Ensure communication and cooperation between partners and other stakeholders of the project;
- Ensure that all project plans, objectives, policies, procedures, and processes are followed;
- Manage the activities led by FCA/Network in the project, such as the small grants component (financial support to third parties) and its overall monitoring, virtual learning exchanges and advocacy efforts in collaboration with other team members;
- Support the development and implementation of communications campaigns of the project and act as the focal point to the EU on communications and visibility;
- Provide technical advice, training materials, and support to stakeholders of the project, including small grants recipients;
- Create contracts and terms of reference for activities, adhering to EU and FCA formats and guidelines;
- Coordinate organisation of online events, such as virtual learning exchanges, and reach out to speakers, trainers/facilitators and participants.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Master Degree in political sciences, law, communications or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years related professional experience on peacebuilding;
- Previous experience in EU project management, preferably in EuropeAid projects;
- Previous experience in managing financial support to third parties (small grants);
- Previous experience and expertise in working in South Asia;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Experience in developing and implementing large multistakeholder collaborations;
- Experience in communications and project involving online communications campaigns;
- Proven problem-solving skills and strategic planning capability with creativity;
- Good attention to detail and numerate;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound organizational skills and initiative to proactively manage work;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until January 2022 with six months’ probation period, starting 1st of August or as soon as possible. The position is based in Bangkok with a possibility for distance work in the first months of employment due to COVID-19 situation.
For more information please contact Edla Puoskari, edla.puoskari(at)kirkonulkomaanapu.fi between 27 July and 3 August. Please apply no later than 9th August 2020. The applications will be reviewed immediately upon arrival and candidates will be approached for an interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
FCA hosts the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (Network), a global network that brings together actors to provide support for grassroots to international peacemaking and peacebuilding efforts. The activities of the Network involve more than 50 active organisations around the globe. The Network Secretariat consists of approximately 20 staff members that work in four different continents.
- Consultant for evaluation
- Kiertotalouden erityisasiantuntija (Afrikan kehityspankki)
- Analyst/Mission Analytical Capability, EUCAP SOMALIA
- Patrol Officer,UNFICYP
- Program Coordinator, Global/Sub-Saharan Africa
- Kriisi- ja perhetyöntekijä
- Head of Internal Audit
- Regional Coordinator for Southeast Asia
- Markkinointiviestinnän suunnittelija
- Maakoordinaattorin avustaja (JPO)
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.