Position Title: Project Assistant – Monitoring and Evaluation
Duty Station: Helsinki, Finland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed term, with a possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 30, 2020
Reference Code: FI10-VN-2020-01
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/Sub-regional Coordinator of IOM Finland and the AVRR/CT Programme Officer, and under direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Project Assistant is responsible for assisting and carrying out Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E) activities to Swedish Reintegration Support payments project at IOM Finland.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and implementing a M&E framework and system concerning assigned Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) projects, including but not limited to measuring reintegration sustainability of voluntary returnees from Sweden.
- Contribute to the design and development of monitoring tools according to IOM internal guidelines and projects’ requirement in close coordination with supervisors and other staff involved in M&E activities.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and standards for the design and implementation of M&E activities of assigned project interventions.
- Support the monitoring efforts in the assigned project(s) to ensure full compliance with project indicators, successful implementation of M&E-related activities.
- Conduct data collection – ensuring strict compliance with IOM data protection principles – using diverse methodologies and tools including surveys, interviews, focus groups as required;
- Analyze data obtained through M&E activities and prepare detailed narrative reports on findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Liaise with Country of Origin missions on assigned projects’ M&E activities, including briefings/trainings on applying the M&E tools developed under the project, regular follow-up on progress of monitoring components in CoOs, and appropriate collection of data and submission to IOM Finland
- Develop clear and engaging data presentation for inclusion in projects’ information products (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, Pivot charts and information sheets);
- Contribute to maintaining organized and up-to-date tracking of projects’ indicators in the fulfilment of expected outcomes, outputs and activities;
- Assist in coordination and preparation of donor reports in line with the M&E plans and agreed project’s reporting schedules;
- Contribute to analysis and reporting of projects’ progress and identification of best practices and lessons learned with a particular focus on M&E activities;
- Carry out any needed administrative tasks related to M&E, including but not limited to, establishing and maintaining M&E files and data, collecting and filling beneficiaries’ data and other supporting documentation;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Mission or Programme Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree preferable in Social Science or Development studies with three years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience/training.
- Relevant work experience in M&E projects
- Relevant work experience in the area of migration (e.g. migrant counselling or consular work) is considered a distinct advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Thorough knowledge of English
- Working knowledge of especially Swedish and/or Arabic, Kurdish, Persian is considered advantageous
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer to inquiries at this stage.
From 15.01.2020 to 30.01.2020
- Reach Out 3 -hankekoordinaattori
- Country Delegate to Ethiopia
- Tiimin esimies
- Järjestökehityksen päällikkö
- Valmiustoiminnan päällikkö
- Erityisasiantuntija (metsä/luonnonvarat ja osaamisen kehittäminen)
- Tarkastaja (Afrikan sarvi -tiimi)
- Tarkastaja (eteläisen Aasian yksikkö)
- Events and Administration Officer
- Neuvonantaja, kehityspolitiikka ja kehitysyhteistyö
- Nuorten turvatalon johtaja
- Teologian tohtoreita opetustehtäviin
- Erityisasiantuntija (kehityspolitiikka)
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.