Special Vacancy Notice
Open to internal and external candidates
Position Title : Procurement Assistant
Duty Station : Helsinki, Finland
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-term graded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Code: FI10-SVN-2019-01
Closing Date: 19 May 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as firsttier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO), the incumbent will be providing the support in procurement, asset and cash management in line with IOM instructions and guidelines. In addition, the incumbent will provide support in a variety of clerical/administrative duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the RMO in the preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects in
- Assist in organizing procurement processes with regards to office equipment and supplies,
facilities and related common services, as well as assist with procurement of project-related
goods and services;
- Prepare and process procurement-related documentation in line with IOM guidelines and in
coordination with the RMO; preparation of Purchase Orders and processing of goods receipt
- Assist with the maintenance of a roster with information and evaluation of local suppliers and vendors;
- In coordination with the RMO, provide assistance to other units in matters of procurement including technical specifications, vendor/supplier identification and using appropriate agreement templates in line with IOM regulations;
- Take delivery of orders, keep stock of office supplies and commodities;
- Maintain the Asset Master Records (AMR) in PRISM for all assets and ensure assets are tagged and accounted for;
- Identify the needs for the maintenance and housekeeping of the premises and take adequate actions after RMO consultation; handle the keys and access cards to the premises;
- Maintain the service contracts for office equipment and maintenance after RMO consultation;
- Handle the cash funds, including cash orders, in line with established procedures and IOM regulations;
- Monitor the maintenance of the office car and ensure the car policy is correctly applied;
- Organize the office archives, handle the daily incoming and outgoing mail, organize the shipment of parcels, and backstop the office switchboard;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Or completed University degree, from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Attention to details
- Proven experience in procurement and facilities management
- Proven experience in working in the field of migration, assisting migrant communities, beneficiaries and counterparts is seen as advantageous
- Driving license (B) is seen as advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of English and basic knowledge of Finnish are required
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: email@example.com) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer to inquiries at this stage. Posting period:
From 26 April 2019 to 19 May 2019
- Consultants for Final Evaluation, Emergency Hospital Operation, Bangladesh
- Talous- ja hallintokoordinaattori
- Police Reform Adviser P-4, Etiopia
- Suunnittelija, maahanmuuttajien työelämäkoulutus
- Consultant(s) to support programme re-design
- Vertaistoiminnan suunnittelija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.