Migrant Training Assistant
Position Title: Migrant Training Assistant
Duty Station: Helsinki, Finland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 5
Type of Appointment: SST Graded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: August 09, 2020
Reference Code: FI10-SVN-2020-02
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator of the Migrant Training and Integration Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production of training materials for Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) of Sweden-bound quota refugees and assisting in the organizing of PDO trainings for the refugees in their country of first asylum.
IOM provides PDO for quota refugees in their country of first asylum before their resettlement in order to support their integration process in the new home country. PDO provides refugees with accurate information on society, values, rights and responsibilities of their resettlement country. In addition, PDO provides refugees with necessary skills and attitudes for successful integration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Gather comprehensive background information and illustrations, and based on the material, prepare training materials in Swedish language on given topics for PDO trainings such as PowerPoint slides, trainers’ manual and toolbox of different learning methods for refugees of different backgrounds, nationalities and ages, including children and youth.
2. Assist the Migrant Training and Integration Unit in the administrative preparation and logistical arrangements of PDO trainings in relevant countries of first asylum in close cooperation with other IOM missions.
3. Coordinate, prepare and procure other relevant training materials, such as videos from refugees living in Sweden.
4. Participate in the planning and development activities of the Migrant Training and Integration Unit.
5. Develop and gather different forms of feedback and data for the purposes of Monitoring and Evaluation.
6. Compile and analyze feedback and monitoring data from pilot PDO trainings and adjust training materials accordingly, where necessary.
7. Provide support in other migrant training and integration related tasks.
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Mission or Project Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed University degree, preferably in Social Sciences or related fields, from an accredited academic institution with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent pedagogical skills and skills in preparing educational materials
- Excellent drafting skills in Swedish and English language
- Thorough knowledge of the Swedish society and Swedish integration services
- Previous work experience with introduction of refugees to the Swedish society is considered an advantage
- Good understanding of international migration, refugee and integration contexts
- Good knowledge of participatory and interactive training methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office Application (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in organizing meetings and seminars in an international context is an asset
Languages: Fluency in Swedish and English is required. Knowledge of languages spoken by main refugee populations in Sweden is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: email@example.com) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer phone inquiries at this stage.
- Nuorisotyön koordinaattori
- Varainhankinnan ja viestinnän suunnittelija
- Nälkäpäivä-kampanjan koordinaattori
- Varainhankinnan asiantuntija
- Policy Officer, Euroopan ulkosuhdehallinto
- Fundraising Consultant - Nordics
- Fundraising Consultant - Food Innovation
- Nuorisotyötiimin vetäjä
- Deputy Project Manager
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, European Union Rule of Law Mission in Kosovo
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.