International Communications Specialist
Finn Church Aid is looking for an international communications specialist for a permanent position starting from September 1 2021 or according to contract. The position is Helsinki-based but working remotely from another country can be considered.
As a communications specialist, you have a passion for creating original content and editing and proofreading texts for Finn Church Aid's various publication channels, including our website, social media and newsletter. You are also responsible for coordinating and editing our Annual Report.
You are an experienced writer and editor in English with the capacity to work with multimedia content and prepared to travel to our programme countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
We expect from you:
- Native-level English proficiency for writing and editing. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
- Impactful written content in English.
- Knowledge of social media trends and principles. Motivation and ideas for increasing Finn Church Aid's presence and reach through engaging content and social media marketing.
- Applicable university degree and at least three years of working experience within communications or journalism.
- General knowledge of international affairs and interest in working with humanitarian and development topics in a multicultural environment.
- Ideas to developing Finn Church Aid's communications.
- Excellent teamwork skills, strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate large-scale productions and processes.
- We also value good technical capacities and a basic understanding of visual communications.
We offer you:
- A pleasant and inspiring working environment with professional colleagues in Finland's largest international aid organisation.
- An opportunity to work independently, grow professionally and being part of a greater cause.
- An opportunity to work flexibly from where you are and learn on the job.
Candidates selected as finalists will be asked to submit writing samples, professional references or letters of recommendation upon request.
For more information, please contact Erik Nyström on August 2 between 10–12 a.m. (UTC+3), tel. +358 40 143 4464, erik.nystrom(at)kua.fi.
Applications must be submitted by August 8 at 23:59
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest organisation in international aid in Finland. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialise in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
FCA practices zero-tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff. FCA has zero-tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements. FCA is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.