Innovation and digital development specialist
Plan International Finland is looking for an Innovation and Digital Development Specialist for a 1-year leave of absence cover. In this position you will provide leadership in ensuring that Plan International Finland’s programmes adopt feasible digital technologies to increase their effectiveness, reach and impact. You will also provide technical support for innovation processes in Plan’s program work. Your role includes management of two youth innovation projects funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The position is based in Helsinki. The contract commences in the beginning of September 2019.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical expertise in selecting, adopting, implementing and maintaining feasible digital solutions for program work as well as managing Digital Solutions Portfolio.
- Development of training material, guidance documents and videos, and toolkits on digital solutions and processes as required.
- Development of capacity building plans and providing training, coaching and mentorship on digital development and innovation related initiatives for program staff and partners.
- Managing Smartup Factory Youth Innovation and Economic Empowerment projects in Uganda and Ethiopia.
- Supporting Plan’s innovation work especially within the existing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights projects.
- Supporting fundraising within your area of expertise through contributing to proposal development for various donors and corporate partners.
The position requires some traveling mainly to Uganda, Ethiopia, Mozambique and Laos not excluding other countries (estimated 2–4 trips per year).
- Educated to University Degree or equivalent or relatable experience.
- Progressive understanding of Principles of Digital Development
- Understanding of Human Centred Design Thinking
- Experience in providing technical support and oversight to innovation pilots and projects.
- Experience in providing technical support and oversight to the use of digital solutions in projects including monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in planning, design, implementation and monitoring international development programmes.
- Negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in sensitive environments.
- Experience in gender-sensitive programming is an asset.
- Work experience from developing countries is an asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
We offer an opportunity to work in an exciting role in one of the world’s largest development and humanitarian NGOs, in a position that brings lasting change to the lives of girls and boys. We have a flexible, result-oriented professional culture that places value on employees’ wellbeing at work. You will also get a chance to work as part of a fun and talented team. The Digital Development and Innovation Specialist will report to the Programme Director of Plan International Finland.
Please submit your application with the salary expectation through our website by 3rd July2019.
For further information, please contact Mika Välitalo at +358503527386 on Thursday 21th June between 14:00–15:00 or Tuesday 25th June between 10:00–11:00.
We may fill the position before the end of the application period, if we find a suitable candidate for the position. Apply between 14 June 2019 and 3 July 2019 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Määräaikainen / fixed term
Plan International Finland
Plan International Finland is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls in developing countries and around the world. We connect committed people with powerful ideas in order to find solutions and trigger change that makes a real difference for children, especially girls. For 80 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to claim their rights, free themselves of poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan has no religious or political affiliations.
- Maakoordinaattorin avustaja (SARC)
- Johdon assistentti
- International Logistics Officer
- Consultancy: Central African Republic Country Programme Evaluation
- Kansainvälisen toiminnan suunnittelija (sijaisuus)
- Education Manager/Education Specialist
- Viestintä- ja varainhankintapäällikkö Maailma kylässä -festivaalille
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.