Humanitarian Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (part-time)
Plan International Finland is looking for a part-time M&E Specialist for an ECHO funded Locally Led Disaster Preparedness and Protection (LLDPP) project. This 18 month-long project will be implemented in three provinces of Indonesia by consortium of 7 partners and led by Plan International Finland in cooperation with Yayasan Plan International Indonesia.
The Project works towards the safety, dignity and rights of affected people and improving affected people’s access to assistance according to need and without discrimination in future disasters in Banten, Western Nusa Tenggara and Central Sulawesi Provinces. The action focuses on strengthening the subnational humanitarian response and cluster coordination capacity with a specific focus on protection through 1) strengthened structures of relevant local government institutions and civil society organizations, including the development of local disaster response frameworks, multi-hazard contingency plans, grassroots early warning systems and development of rapid deployment roster; 2) increasing management/leadership capacity and humanitarian professionalism of key personnel in the Ministry of Social Affairs and other National Displacement and Protection cluster members across the board. Special focus will be in strengthening the Sexual and Gender-Based Violence, Child Protection and Psycho-Social Support sub-clusters. 3) Production of analysis and wide distribution of lessons learned, best practices and recommendations to other provinces/regencies in Indonesia and for National and Regional stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and managing the project monitoring, evaluation and information management framework based on Project Logframe and relevant policies of ECHO and Plan International (and its partners).
- Designing and managing the project baseline and endline assessment and data collection.
- Selection, adjustment and contextualization of data collection tools and methodology for baseline and endline and ongoing activity and results monitoring.
- Mentoring and supporting Yayasan Plan Indonesia and implementing partners’ relevant staff in data collection, analysis, and reporting, including remote training.
- Conducting contextualized RBM-session in the project start-up workshop.
- Setting up a system and tracking the indicator data and management of supporting documentation.
- Tracking the project workplan implementation.
- Compilation, triangulation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, from both primary and secondary sources.
- Coordination and quality assurance of progress reporting, ensuring that it is based on verifiable qualitative and quantitative data.
- Design, management and coordination of internal evaluation, reflection and learning activities.
- Supporting in project proposal development
- Educated to University Degree or equivalent in education.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience in a development or humanitarian context of which
- minimum 2 years needs to be field-based
- minimum 4 years needs to be in a result-based management role (e.g. programme/project manager or monitoring/evaluation/research /learning/ accountability role)
- Professional knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodology, quality assurance tools.
- Experience in gender-responsive monitoring and evaluation or gender-transformative programming
- Professional exposure to protection in humanitarian settings (CP, GBV and PSS preferred)
- Experience in designing and delivering trainings on M&E
- Experience in leading small teams
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Technical expertise in protection in humanitarian settings (CP, GBV and PSS preferred.)
- Experience in cooperation and coordination with government authorities
- Experience with ECHO funded projects
- Experience in digital data collection and analysis tools/software
- Work experience from Indonesia
- Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia
Duration and Location of the contract:
The is initially a part-time contract (16 hours/week or 40 % of an FTP) until 15.12.2020 with a possibility for extension and transitioning to a full-time deployable position with a wider array of responsibilities.
Due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions, this position is home-based. If this position is extended and upgraded to a full-time position, we expect readiness to travel up to 60% of the time.
Please submit your application with your salary expectation through our website at https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/Humanitarian-Monitoring-and-Evaluation-Specialist-%28part-time%29/ZA32jm by Monday 3 August 2020.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Programme Director, Annukka von Kaufmann via email annukka.vonkaufmann(at)plan.fi or on phone (+358 40 5660599) on Friday 17 July at 10-11 am (Helsinki time).
Plan International Finland
Plan International Finland is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls in developing countries and around the world. We connect committed people with powerful ideas in order to find solutions and trigger change that makes a real difference for children, especially girls. For 80 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to claim their rights, free themselves of poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan has no religious or political affiliations.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment.
- Videokuvauksen ja editoinnin osaaja
- Seconded National Expert / Counterterrorism
- Ennakoinnin ja kehittämisen asiantuntija
- Project Assistant – Migrant Training and Integration
- Emergency Health Specialist (UNV)
- Knowledge Management and Gender Specialist (UNV)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Specialist
- Viestinnän asiantuntija (kaksi tehtävää)
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.