Global Partnerships Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is looking for a dynamic and experienced Global Partnerships Manager to manage and develop FCA’s evolving relationships with global partners as well as to coordinate FCA’s partnership work as a whole.
Global Partnerships Manager is a member of Advocacy and Partnerships Unit at the Service and Accountability Center. The position is located in Helsinki (remote work from another location may be considered, subject to a valid work permit in that country). Terms of employment for locally hired employees in Finland will be applied. Global Partnerships Manager will execute his/her responsibilities within the given mandate following FCA policies, guidelines and processes. Global Partnerships Manager will report to Head of Advocacy and Partnerships.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop FCA’s global partnership relations and outreach (government; intergovernmental, non-governmental/CSOs, private sector, foundations, academia, etc.) in collaboration with FCA’s leadership and other relevant colleagues.
- Work with FCA country offices to stay abreast of key in-country partnerships that have global implications to strengthen FCA’s global partnerships.
- Lead and coordinate FCA’s Partnership Matrix to promote systematic strategic alignment, operational coordination, information-sharing and brainstorming with key representatives across FCA regarding partnerships.
- Develop and support the implementation of FCA’s overarching partnership and external relations strategies, plans and priorities in close collaboration with FCA’s leadership and Partnership Matrix.
- Track key global decision-making processes, policy developments and trends; analyse and provide global landscape intelligence for FCA.
- Coordinate and prepare meetings with global partners and ensure the follow up actions.
- Participate and represent FCA in strategic global forums to maintain existing partnerships and actively encourage new ones.
- Stay abreast of FCA’s partnerships to allow for efficient reporting and communications e.g. FCA’s global annual plan and report.
- Build and strengthen FCA’s unique value proposition to partners.
- Develop and provide capacity building on FCA’s partnership approach and engagement.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- At least 7 years of professional experience
- Proven track record on partnership management and outreach
- Extensive knowledge of global partners’ interests, priorities and trends and experience of working with some of the following UNCHR, UNESCO, UNICEF, GPE, ECW, ILO, development banks, ECHO, INTPA, AU, Gulf Donors and other governmental donors and private sector partners.
- Substantial knowledge of humanitarian and development sector preferably also with working experience in development and humanitarian contexts (programmatic knowledge and implementation experience).
- Good knowledge and understanding of FCA’s thematic focus areas.
- Excellent relationship-building, representational and networking skills, both internal and external, and ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to coordinate processes, organise trainings and workshops with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills for communicating with broad and diverse stakeholders in English, capacity to write and speak in Finnish and/or French is an asset but not mandatory.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Availability to travel frequently internationally e.g. New York, Washington, Geneva, Brussels, Gulf Countries and FCA’s programmatic countries.
The position is permanent and it will be filled as soon as possible. There will be a six-month probation period.
The compensation is based on FCA salary scale and the candidate’s level of experience.
For more information, please contact Ms Katri Suomi, Director of Stakeholder Relations, by phone +358 40 635 1738 during the following Finnish times:
- 2-3 pm on Friday 12th of November
- 2-3 pm on Thursday 18th of November
or by email katri.suomi (at) kua.fi.
Please apply by using the link no later than 26 November 2021. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff. FCA has zero tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements.
FCA is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).
- Koulutuksista vastaava ohjaaja/Kurvi-toiminto
- Kansainvälisen toiminnan asiantuntija
- Post doc / erikoistutkija
- Ylitarkastaja, yksikönpäälikkö
- Varainhankinnan koordinaattori
- Taloudellisten ja sosiaalisten oikeuksien asiantuntija
- Tiiminvetäjä / Katastrofiavun tiimi
- Tiiminvetäjä / Osaamisen kehittämisen ja vaikuttamisen tiimi
- Tiiminvetäjä / Tuki- ja koordinaatiotiimi
- Myymälävastaava / toimialapäällikön sijainen
- Hanketyöntekijän sijainen
- Konsulipalvelujen työvoimakonsulien koordinaattori
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.