Global grants adviser
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is seeking for a Global Grants Advisers, for a fixed-term employment to support the funding growth from institutional donors and to ensure donor compliance in grant management. GG Adviser is a member of Global Grants unit at the Head office. The unit focuses on supporting FCA programme countries in institutional fundraising, proposal development and grant management.
The GG Adviser will execute his/her responsibilities within the given mandate following FCA Policies, Guidelines and Processes. GG Adviser will report to Head of Unit.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop FCA’s capacity to acquire and manage institutional funding through supporting quality proposal development and effective management of grants ensuring donor compliance.
- Support FCA country programmes in developing multi-annual income plans and fundraising strategies
- Identify suitable institutional funding opportunities, support development of donor relations, networking and following donor policies and trends
- Advocacy towards priority institutions and representation in networks and donor forums related to donor portfolio
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of institutional donor’s interests, priorities and compliance mechanisms
- Experience in institutional donor procedures and managing grants
- Experience in working with UN, BPRM, EU and bilateral donors is an asset.
- Extensive experience in leading project development including facilitating complex proposal processes, project design, log frames and budgeting
- Good writing skills and extensive experience in developing proposals and reports
- Good attention to detail and highly numerate
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops for programme, financial and partner staff to develop funding applications and manage grants focusing on donor compliance
- Masters degree in development studies, humanitarian aid or relevant discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience of the humanitarian and development sector
- Strong coordination, strategic planning, analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Good team work skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Readiness to travel extensively to FCA programme countries
- Fluency in English, both written and oral. Fluency in French is an asset and capacity to write and speak in Finnish is preferred but not mandatory.
The position is located in Helsinki (remote work may be considered). Terms of employment for locally hired employees will be applied.
The position will be filled as soon as possible and it is a fixed-term replacement of a leave of absence until the end of August 2020, with four-month probation period. The compensation is based on FCA salary scale and the candidate’s level of experience.
For more information please contact Ms Hanna Lauha: hanna.lauha (at) kua.fi or call +358 406684625 [Call: +358 406684625] on 14 June 2019 at 10-12 (EET).
Please apply by using the link no later than on 20 June 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
- Deputy Head of Mission
- Hankehallinnon asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (tasa-arvokysymykset)
- Eduskuntaryhmän avustajia
- Kaksi poliittista asiantuntijaa
- Global grants adviser
- Ilmastotyön asiantuntija
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (innovaatiot ja digitaalinen kehitys)
- Consultant – Education in Emergencies Impact Assessment
- Terveydenhuollon suunnittelija
- Project Officer
- Innovation and digital development specialist
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.