Position Title: Finance Officer
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Position Status: Open to Somali Only
Area of Operation: Somaliland
Employment period: 3 months period
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organisation with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realise our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
To carry out day-to-day finances and their records, liaise with the partner and the other FCA office finances based on below noted main tasks.
- Ensure that FCA financial policies, systems and guidelines are implemented in the field office.
- Manage advances, ensuring timely settlement and that proper documentation is provided
- Ensure all payments are processed on time.
- Maintenance of a proper filling system of all documents related to finance.
- Assist and provide information in the preparation of new budgets.
- Check and verify the documents submitted for payment if approved by line manager and related staff before preparation of payment documents
- Record accounting transactions, including coding of payment vouchers.
- Entering processing of the data for Hargeisa and from the field offices to Quick Books
- Work in close relationship with the field office and partners finance staff
- Check the financial reports from Partners
- Process and make payments via bank or cash when necessary as per approved budget and ensure the proper authorisation is obtained for all disbursements and proper financial documents are used
- In cooperation with relevant program or support staff, ensure proper accurate documentation for monthly payment of bills for service, employment, lease contracts all offices
- Maintain the transparent, accurate, user friendly financial filling system of all financial documents
- Prepare the monthly payroll and undertake monthly closing procedures including reconciliation of bank, petty cash and advances
- Assist Finance manager in facilitation of internal and external audit procedures as required
- Review and compute travel claims, imprest accounts and verify authenticity of the support documents provided
- Manage and replenish Petty cash, according to the procedures
- Coordinate with relevant staff on unclear support documents provided for payment before processing
- Perform any other duties given by line manager when needed.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- University Bachelor degree in accounting, Bank and finance in a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in accounting and finance.
- Knowledge and experience of working on accounting software Quick Books
- Previous experience working in INGOs
- Detail oriented, accountability, task prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Ability to establish relationships with other relevant stakeholders instantly and easily
- Problem solving skills
- Flexibility for travelling when needed
- Confident in security and safety management
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful environment
- Cultural sensitivity and inter-cultural communication skills
- Please note that the closing time is 23:59 pm local time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Email or Paper applications will not be considered.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 13th of June 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Female candidates are highly encouraged!
- HR-asiantuntija (sijaisuus)
- Kotoutumistuen koordinaattori
- Taloushallinnon asiantuntija Mekongille
- Johtava PME-asiantuntija (sijaisuus)
- Varainhankinnan johtaja
- Consultant, environment and climate change
- Kaksi F2F-koordinaattoria
- Diplomaattiuran virkamiehiä ulkoministeriöön (Kavaku)
- Viestintäpäällikkö (sijaisuus)
- Vapaaehtoistoiminnan suunnittelija
- Communications Associate
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.