Finance and Administrative Officer (national post)
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organisation for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality Education.
FCA has been working in Cambodia since the end of the 1970’s providing humanitarian aid and supporting the development of livelihoods, quality education opportunities and youth participation for the poorest people. Currently the main donors for FCA’s Cambodia programme are the Government of Finland, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and private donors. FCA’s education project is focusing on Career Guidance and Counselling in Secondary schools.
FCA has recently signed a funding agreement with Sida for an education sector development project and is now recruiting a committed and dynamic Finance and Administrative Officer interested in working for Cambodia Country Office in Phnom Penh to be a part of our growing multicultural team and to further develop FCA’s work in its Finance & Admin unit.
- Prepare financial reports monthly to donors and line ministries
- Prepare bank reconciliations on monthly basis
- Assist in monitoring budget expenditures and maintain proper records of approved project budgets
- Bank management such as: transfer, deposit, withdrawal and check register
- Maintain proper bookkeeping and other vouchers in an orderly and efficient manner
- Prepare the payment /receipt vouchers
- Prepare supporting documents for donor
- Ensure organization compliance with taxation, regulations and law
- Assist in preparing budget, budget forecast, budget plan
- Arrange hotel bookings, transportation and flights for staff, volunteers and visitors
- Assist Program staff for logistic arrangement for training/workshop/meeting
- Assist Admin and Procurement officer in procurements
- Apply visa entry/extension for expatriate staff
- Responsible for management of local consultant/supplier contracts
- Prepare correspondences and communications with e.g. line ministries, governmental authorities (including Tax Department)
- Assist program staff making payments for workshops/trainings/meetings
- Coordinate and prepare all necessary documents needed during the audit
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum five years of working experience in similar positions
- Ability to work independently, with commitment and honesty
- Commitment to multiple responsibilities
- Excellent accounting & administration skills
- Experience in preparing financial reports , budgeting, cash bank management
- Knowledge on taxation in Cambodia
- Excellent skills in computer applications such as MS Excel and Quickbook
- Good Communication /IT skills
- Excellent skills in organizing travel arrangements, events
- Readiness to travel frequently within Cambodia
- Responsible team worker with a capacity to take initiative when needed.
Finance and Administrative Officer will report to the Finance and Administrative Manager. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. Preferred starting date is as soon as possible. A fixed-term contract for this position will be made until 31.12.2021.
Please apply by Monday, 06 May 2019. For any queries about the position, please contact email@example.com
FCA is committed to equality and keen to reflect the diversity of Cambodian society at every level within the organisation. To promote inclusion we encourage women to apply, and we want to ensure we are open to the contribution of disabled people and other minority groups in our workplace. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
- YK:n apulaisasiantuntijatehtävä (JPO)
- Consultants for Final Evaluation, Emergency Hospital Operation, Bangladesh
- Talous- ja hallintokoordinaattori
- Police Reform Adviser P-4, Etiopia
- Suunnittelija, maahanmuuttajien työelämäkoulutus
- Vertaistoiminnan suunnittelija
- Consultant(s) to support programme re-design
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.