Finance and Administration Officer
This position is re-advertised; applicants who have previously applied for this position will be taken into account.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is looking for skilled and motivated Finance and Administration Officer to the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (NRTP).
The Finance and Administration Officer will be working as part of the Europe and MENA regional programme team of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers secretariat in Helsinki.
The Finance and Administration Officer is in charge of financial and administrative processes of FCA/network led activities of the EU ISF-P funded consortium project ‘Strengthening the security and resilience of at-risk religious sites and communities’ (SOAR).
SOAR programme contributes to advancing the protection and safeguarding of places for worship in EU member states by increasing awareness and capacity to respond to the physical and human security threats affecting places of worship in EU members states. SOAR consortium will advance this objective via range of activities including; research activities to build evidence base, developing capacity building and training tools and other resources for religious communities and places of worship and relevant stakeholders, and organising awareness raising campaigns and policy dialogue/briefings to increase awareness of the topic and advance exchange of best practice in this field. The project activities will directly be piloted in seven EU member states, but the project will engage wider European and global community of practice via policy dialogue and advocacy activities.
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for ensuring that relevant legal, donor and internal requirements related to finances and administration of the EU grant are met, and contributes to the successful implementation and achievement of project results.
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for financial and administrative processes of FCA/network led activities of the EU ISF-P funded consortium project:
- Establish systems and procedures for adequate administrative and financial management and documentation for the project, ensuring the smooth running of the project administration and finances.
- Compile monthly/quarterly financial reports, and prepare the financial reports to the donor in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Establish financial management system for project routine financial reporting with partners and to HO.
- Ensure compliance of financial management and monitoring with FCA/NRTP and donor guidance and policy on financial management.
- Consolidate/prepare official and ad hoc donor and management reports.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements, administration and finances of events in the framework of this project.
- Support in the financial planning of Network project and programs in the region.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project support and financial management/accounting
- Previous experience in the financial management of grants and donor reporting, previous experience of EU funded projects is preferred.
- Understanding of donor requirements related to finances, procurement and administration
- Experience in the financial management of multi-partner projects
- Ability to adapt to new working environments achieving results with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation
- Expertise with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint); accounting softwares, advanced Excel skills preferable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of working with an international setting or a global team is an asset
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Knowledge of Finnish is an asset
A fixed-term contract for this position will be made until 31.03.2023 with six months probation period, starting as soon as possible. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience.
For more information please contact Milla Perukangas, Regional Program Manager, Europe and MENA, via e-mail: milla.perukangas (at)kua.fi / via phone +358 40 660 1990 on following dates: 7.4. and 8.4. between 13-14, Helsinki time.
Please apply by using the link no later than 11.4.2021, 23.59.
Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview.
The recruitment is subject to the signing of the grant agreement. FCA and NRTP withhold the right to cancel the recruitment at any stage of the process.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
FCA hosts the Secretariat of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (NRTP), a network that brings together actors to provide global support for grassroots to international peacemaking and peacebuilding efforts. The activities of the Network involve more than 50 active organisations around the globe. The Network Secretariat consists of approximately 20 staff members that work in four different continents. For more information, please visit: https://www.peacemakersnetwork.org/
FCA practices zero-tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff. FCA has zero-tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements.
FCA is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUCAP Sahel Niger
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, UNSOM
- EU Grant Administrator and Financial Administrator
- Senior Finance Officer
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Special Prosecutor’s Office
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija (luonnonvarasektori)
- YK:n vapaaehtoistyöntekijöitä (UNV)
- Etiopian maatoimiston päällikkö
- Kehityspolitiikan asiantuntija
- Sukupuolten välinen oikeudenmukaisuus (gender) -teeman asiantuntija ja teologian opettaja
- Alueellisen hankehallinnon asiantuntija
- Alueellisen hankehallinnon koordinaattori
- Talouden ja hyvän hallinnon asiantuntija
- Globaalikasvatuksen asiantuntija
- Viestintä- ja markkinointipäällikkö
- Visuaalisen viestinnän suunnittelija
- Visuaalisen viestinnän asiantuntija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.