Finance & Administration Officer
MSF (Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja) is looking for a detail-orientated and passionate Finance & Administration Officer to be responsible for financial management and accounting in MSF Finland. We are looking for a meticulous finance professional who can ensure that our finance policies and procedures are of a high standard and support efficient administration. Do not miss this exciting challenge to be part of a small dynamic team and to increase MSF’s capacity to provide humanitarian medical assistance to vulnerable people all over the world!
Your goal is to to provide efficient and effective financial management and office administrative support for MSF Finland. You will be responsible for finance policies and procedures for MSF Finland and make sure their implementation is successful. Working in MSF Finland requires flexibility and adaptability as the office is new and the tasks are versatile.
Your main responsibilities include
- Accounting including bookkeeping and processing of invoices and payments
- Managing and preparing monthly management reports
- Engaging with our Auditors on the financial audit, preparing all documentation and files and addressing queries.
- Support and provide tools for Managers for budget follow-up and forecasting.
- Managing the structure and the compilation of the MSF Finland budget
- Monitoring and reporting earmarked funds
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Finnish financial legislation and money collection legislation
- Support and work in close collaboration with Fundraising team
- Reporting within the MSF movement
- Supplier management inducing tender processes, contract management and office support functions
What we expect from you:
- Degree in Finance or proven experience through work
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience in a financial role
- Experience in using at least one accounting system
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Keen eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Good Finnish and English languages skills
If you additionally have any of the following it will be valuable:
- Experience of working for a not-for-profit organization which does private fundraising
- Swedish language skills
- Experience of Procountor, Nepton and SAP (Finance)
But in the end, what matters is that you are right person for the job. We believe that means that you have a strong commitment to humanitarian principles and values and a good sense and judgement on sensitive topics. That you are flexible and are able take own initiatives, handle stress and are a great team player.
What we offer you:
- an exciting job with one of the world's most respected humanitarian organisations
- flexible working hours and an international environment including travels
- a changing work environment characterized by enthusiasm and high intensity
- a workplace that strives for diversity and equality
- a working culture that is based on collective responsibility to bring our work forward
- full support and back-up from the finance department in Stockholm
Conditions of employment:
Employment type: Permanent position with six (6) months’ probation
Work hours: 38 hours’ work week (100%)
Salary: 3033 euro/month, according to MSF FI Salary Policy level 5
Benefits: Occupational healthcare, group life insurance, travel insurance, accident insurance, wellness contribution (200 euro/year), lunch benefit.
Vacation: As per MSF FI HR policy
Location: Based in Helsinki with occasional travels
Entry date: As soon as possible
Interested? Go ahead and apply with resume and cover letter in English on www.lakareutangranser.se/lediga-tjanster by 16th of January 2019. We do not accept applications via email.
For questions about the position please contact HR Manager Kaisa Loikkanen 040 485 1748 on Tuesday 8th of January at 15:00-17:00 or Monday 14th of January at 10:00-12:00.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality. Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja / MSF Finland was founded in 2017 as a branch office within the MSF movement. In Finland, MSF is starting a new branch office and we aim to raise funds, recruit field workers and communicate about our work in order to contribute to saving lives and alleviating suffering in the world. www.laakaritilmanrajoja.fi
Link to advertisement and application: https://lakareutangranser.se/lediga-tjanster?rmpage=job&rmjob=p407
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.