External evaluator (EU Presidency Project 2019–2020)
EU Presidency Project is a project granted by the European Commission (DEAR programme) with the objective to increase public support for open, fair and sustainable European policies, especially regarding the 2030 Agenda, development cooperation, human rights, and civil society space. The project is implemented by the European development NGOs and in the first part of the project the partners are FOND from Romania, Fingo from Finland, CROSOL from Croatia and CONCORD, the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs.
EU Presidency project is now seeking an external evaluator to carry out the final evaluation to assess the effectiveness of the project. Deadline for receipt of applications is 12 April 2020.
The evaluator is expected to perform the following tasks
- Review project documents to date, carry out a desk review of relevant project measurement tools and conduct inception meetings with the coordination team (on-line).
- Interview staff and Steering Group members, partners and other relevant stakeholders in order to gain an understanding of the project's aims.
- Conduct consultative workshop for the project partners (face to face meeting)
- The end product of the evaluation will be one overall report in English that describes the results in all countries and formulates the recommendations for the continuity of the work.
Applicants must have at a minimum the following qualifications
- Experience in conducting evaluations to a high standard;
- Demonstrated experience of evaluation in the non-profit sector;
- Demonstrated experience of evaluation involving qualitative data and ‘soft’ outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience of evaluating projects that are funded by the European Union (experience of evaluating projects that are part of the EU’s Development education and awareness raising (DEAR) programme is especially relevant);
- An understanding of the nature and capacity of development work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
Applicants may be individuals, groups of individuals with a designated team lead, or consultants.
Interested applicants should submit a tender including the following (no more than 6 pages excluding annexes)
A. Technical Offer
- Evaluation methodology: Describe your overall approach and evaluation methodology including, but not limited to, evaluation questions, evaluation design and methodology.
- Relevant experience: Provide details of projects of similar scope, complexity and nature you have worked on previously.
- Specific expertise: Describe your level of knowledge and expertise of development cooperation projects or/and EU-funded projects
- Key personnel and staffing: Describe the key personnel. Include CVs (no more than 2 pages each and attached as annex) of key personnel who will be part of the proposed plan.
- Timeline: Include a detailed timeline of key activities.
- Two references (including telephone numbers) and web links to previous work (if available).
B. Financial Offer
The financial offer should include a line-item budget and a budget narrative. The cost estimates used to prepare the budget should be presented in Euro. The tenderer should include his/her proposed daily rate, including all costs. Value for money will be considered in tender evaluation. Reasonable and receipted travel and accommodation costs related to the execution of the tasks in this Terms of Reference will be covered, based on prior agreement and subject to certain conditions.
Applications are to be sent no later than 12 April to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed, and the candidates shortlisted by an evaluation committee set up for the selection. A few suitable candidates will be interviewed prior to final decision.
Terms of Reference (pdf)
Contact details and further information
Anne Peltonen, Project Manager
+358 40 940 2262
- Vaikuttamis- ja vastuullisuustyön asiantuntija (sijaisuus)
- IFRC Program Support Delegate, Niger
- IFRC Emergency Health Delegate, Niger
- Länsi-Balkan-asiantuntija, Ruotsin Etyj-edustusto
- Tarkastaja, Kiina-asiantuntija
- Tarkastaja, kehitysyhteistyö
- Project Manager
- Humanitarian Program Manager
- Ohjaaja (Linkki-hanke)
- Ohjaaja (Kurvi-toiminto)
- Vapaaehtoistoiminnan asiantuntija
- Online-lahjoittamisen asiantuntija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.