EU Framework Contracts Tender and Project Manager
NIRAS is looking for an EU Framework Contracts Tender and Project Manager for our office in Finland.
NIRAS International Consulting is one of Europe’s leading international consulting companies and service provider with over 40 years of experience in sustainable development in developing countries. We want to contribute to a better, more equal and stable world, which we do through creating innovative proposals in response to the development needs of our clients; timely delivery of world-class expertise; efficient project management; and practical and digital solutions.
Annually, at NIRAS we undertake more than 300 assignments in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. NIC has offices throughout Europe, Africa and Asia. The Framework Contract Unit (FWCU) works across our offices worldwide to support each other in business development and project implementation.
In 2018, the FWC Unit was awarded the EU Framework Contract – Services for implementation of External Aid (SIEA 2018). NIRAS is leader of two consortia - lot 1 (Sustainable Management of Natural Resources and Resilience) and lot 3 (Human Rights, Democracy and Peace), and we are active partners in lot 2 (Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs), lot 4 (Human Development and Safety Net) and lot 6 (Innovative Financing for Development).
The FWC Unit has also recently been awarded the SADC framework contract, which follows a structure similar to SIEA 2018. NIRAS is one of 5 consortia awarded the FWC.
To respond to the highly demand-driven and fast pace nature of the Framework contracts, the FWC Unit has 25 staff based in Denmark, Colombia, Finland, Germany, Serbia and Scotland. The core work of the Unit is to tender, win and manage individual projects won and contracted through the framework contracts. The unit tenders for and manages projects all over the world working with very short deadlines. We work both independently and in teams across countries. The Unit’s team shares a collaborative spirit, pays high attention to detail and has a strong commitment to quality. We also laugh a lot.
We are now looking to complement the existing FWC Unit with a new tender and project manager to work from our office in Finland, focusing particularly on topics related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL). The tender and project manager will mainly work as part of the FWC Unit, led from Denmark, but also support the consulting, tendering and project management work of the Finnish office for other contracts and clients.
In this post, you will be working in three different capacities that all feed into each other:
1. Recruitment Manager
- Searching for, contacting and negotiating with suitable experts for new tenders;
- CV enhancement and formatting for tenders;
- Ad-hoc tender support.
2. Tender Manager
- Overall management of the tender;
- Analysis of the Terms of Reference;
- Undertaking basic background research on the topic;
- Preparing/coordinating the technical offer (methodology);
- Preparing the financial offer (drafting the budget for the assignment).
3. Project Manager.
- Managing all aspects of the assignments delivered through the FWC Unit, including personnel, finance, technical content, outputs;
- Managing project teams to deliver inputs by agreed project deadlines on multiple projects going on in parallel.
You will work closely with and report to the framework contract coordinators, located in Denmark, Germany and Serbia, who will help your prioritise your tasks and roles so that you’re able to feed into different work streams without being over loaded.
In addition to your main role as a member of the FWC unit, you will also support NIRAS Finland in business development and project management for other clients on need basis.
You are willing to work from our office in Vantaa once we return to the office, potentially in a blended arrangement with home working. You already live within commuting-distance or are willing to relocate.
You are available for some travel along the year, if needed.
The position is open to those that have a right to work in Finland. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you are interested in the position, please create a profile in http://cv.niras.com, upload your CV and cover letter and apply for the position through this link: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/6896 .
Please include your salary request in the cover letter.
The deadline for applications is 7 March 2021 (23:59) , but we will start analyzing applications as they come in. Virtual Interviews will take place in March 2021.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
NIRAS is a dynamic matrix-organization with staff who work across multiple time-zones and in multi-cultural teams and/or environments in a mutually supportive manner, often working to tight deadlines.
Candidates will be effective communicators and able to develop flexible solutions in line with business needs. This role suits someone with a background in project management or consultancy and a strong interest in development cooperation.
Professional experience required
- You have an educational background in international relations, development cooperation, economics, or other related sciences related to Lots 1, 2 and 3 of the FWC (see above);
- You have previous experience in project management from development consulting or other jobs that have provided you with similar skills;
- Previous working experience in developing countries in the context of development cooperation is considered an asset;
- You have understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and interest in developing your skills in this area. Previous hands-on experience in MEL is considered an asset;
- You have an interest in working with proposal development and project management within development consulting and you have an ability to negotiate effectively;
- You have excellent time and people management skills, and the ability to work across disciplines and with internal and external partners, remotely and by using digital tools. You have an ability to think and work proactively, creatively and strategically under pressure or when faced with competing demands;
- You have a sound analytical sense, an attention to detail and appreciation of quality both in process and product;
- You are willing to step outside of your comfort zone and work in topics you are not familiar with (yet);
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Professional proficiency in French constitutes a strong advantage;
- You are an experienced MS Office 365 User (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint) with a good ability to work in digital surfaces.
Until 31 May 2022 (current end-date of SIEA 2018). Trial period: 4 months from commencement.
In April 2021 or as soon as possible.
Deadline For Applications
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUCAP SOMALIA
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUMM Georgia
- Televarainhankinnan tiiminvetäjä
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUAM Iraq
- Kansainvälisen ohjelmatyön suunnittelija
- EU Framework Contracts Tender and Project Manager
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUCAP Sahel Mali
- Tarkastaja, demokratia- ja oikeusvaltiokysymykset
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUAM CAR
- Nuorisokumppani Nuoret SIB -hankkeeseen
- Regional Disaster Preparedness Delegate
- Kuusi avointa ulkomaantyön paikkaa
- Regional Representative for East and Southern Africa
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Finance and Administration Manager
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.