Education Specialists (two positions)
FCA has been present in Eritrea since 2015 by implementing Right to Quality Education programme with strong advocacy component. FCA’s official partner in Eritrea is National Higher Education and Research Institute (NHERI) and FCA Eritrea Country Office (ECO) implements activities in the Eritrea Institute of Technology, College of Education (EIT, CoE) and in the Asmara Community College of Education (ACCE). We work in close collaboration with Ministry of Education. In addition to that, ECO supports the work with Youth and Students, innovation work as well as pedagogical work in other colleges and partner institutions.
In the FCA programme Right to Quality Education; FCA’s Education Specialists are working with colleges to build institutional capacity to deliver quality education. Programme’s main objective is to improve quality education through teacher education and catalyse educational innovations.
Education Specialists are reporting to the Country Director. Country Director is not available in the implementation location all the time, which why we are seeking self-acting professionals. Education Specialist will ensure that FCA’s Global Strategy is followed, support FCA’s Country Strategy in order to achieve the strategic objectives and guarantee quality impact in FCA’s Right to Education Tasks in Asmara. She/He will represent the Country Director when necessary and will act as a Project Manager for current education projects according to the task division in the office. Also her/his main duties include:
- Run Right to Education activities in partner institution including: Support the education programmes, ensure the internationalization of the degrees, support curriculum development, support the teaching staff, ensure quality teaching.
- Improving capacity to conduct participatory action research in the partner institutions.
- Manage projects from the proposal writing to the closure stages.
- Support Education activities and the Teachers Without Borders Experts on their work in the country.
- Support an environment within FCA, which results in strong partnerships and innovations.
- Assure the realization of diversify the funding base and ensure accountability for all donor relations.
- Responsibility of maintaining and developing active collaboration with country’s government parties and international community; including donors.
- Support the pilot trainings in pedagogy in other institutions and support FCA initiatives on journalism and media training.
- This task might include participation to financial management in the office.
- Doctoral degree, preferably in Education. Teachers qualification.
- Language: Excellent written and oral English, experience on supporting academic writing skills.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as teacher or lecturer, preferably on higher education.
- International experience from a developing country, preferably with experience in Africa and development co-operation. Ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, perform and direct technical assignments and evaluate and monitor projects.
- Good communication, coordination, management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently on delegated tasks and through own initiative in varying conditions; ability to be resourceful and flexible in a limited resource environment.
- Driving license and ability to drive in a foreign country.
A fixed-term contract for this position will be made, preferably already from October 2018 onwards, at least until 31.12.2019 with four months’ probation period. FCA has ongoing negotiations about the work permits in the country, and this might affect to the start of the implementation of these posts. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. The position is a no-family post. Candidates should make themselves familiar with the Eritrean context, which is very demanding.
For more information please contact Country Director Mr. Ikali Karvinen, ikali.karvinen (at) kua.fi. Please apply by using the link no later than 15. September 2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis. Suitable candidate may be recruited before the end of application time.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
- Finance Officer
- Administrative Officer
- Globaalikasvatuksen suunnittelija
- Alueellinen kehitysyhteistyökoordinaattori
- UNV-vapaaehtoinen, Kiina
- Consultant, Country Programme Evaluation for Kenya
- Sisäinen tarkastaja
- Terveyden edistämisen suunnittelija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.