Education Manager/Education Specialist
The Education Manager/ Education Specialist is responsible for supporting the planning, implementation and monitoring of the FCA/ Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) Finland funded educational component of Dan Church Aid’s GBV-project “Providing Protection, Dignity and Safety to Rohingya women and girl refugees with multi-sectoral and specialized services in Bangladesh”.
She will co-ordinate with other DCA’s Emergency Response team members and DCA staff (especially program management) and relevant technical sectors, to ensure a joint, rapid, proportionate and effective response.
The Education Manager/Education Specialist will report to DCA Country Director in Bangladesh and co-ordinate with other team members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support DCA in response design, planning and implementation of the programme, focusing especially to education components with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs;
- Responsible for reviewing the curriculum for life skills training, skills training and literacy courses with psychosocial support integrated in all training courses based on the needs of rights holders;
- Responsible for financial management of the joint MFA funded FCA/DCA project and other DCA projects including education components
- Contribute to strategic planning and execution, annual planning and budgeting for DCA in Bangladesh, including Theory of Change process
- Collecting and designing training materials;
- Organising and/or facilitating capacity building of DCA staff and facilitators as agreed, but in particular in life skills training, skills training and literacy and in integrating psychosocial support into education;
- Continuous assessment of needs to inform the implementation;
- Provide technical support to DCA facilitators in education related issues throughout the project implementation;
- Support in designing new funding applications from education perspective
- Coordinate with local and international NGO partners, with education and PSS sector coordination (clusters), with relevant UN agencies, local government and affected community to plan, organize and implement activities;
- Participation in the ACT local forum on behalf of DCA and FCA
- Monitor program implementation by using efficient methodology based on international standards, such as INEE minimum standards and other relevant minimum standards;
- Prepare situation reports and communication materials (for DCA/FCA);
- Prepare project related reports as needed (for DCA/FCA);
- Participate in education related advocacy.
- Close cooperation with all managers in DCA Bangladesh office.
- Clear support and division of roles and responsibilities between the two Education Programme Managers in DCA Bangladesh office.
Place of deployment: Cox Bazar, Bangladesh
Duration of deployment: Fixed term contract, 1.10.2019–31.5.2020
Nature of the assignment: Humanitarian mission, non-family post
Supervision and support: Education Manager/Education Specialist will be seconded to DCA program office in Cox Bazar, Bangladesh. She will be supervised by DCA Country Director and supported by FCA Head Office team.
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities
- A minimum of 3 years international humanitarian field experience;
- Relevant educational background, including teacher training;
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to emergency, refugee and IDP situations;
- Knowledge of the UN and cluster work;
- Knowledge of INEE Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies, Child Protection in Emergencies; and/or Psycho-Social Support
- Experience in developing and writing proposals and reports
- Donor contacts and donor management
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong management and leadership skills in humanitarian response
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Ability to integrate and work well within multicultural teams
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with analytic approach
- Strong interpersonal and representation skills
- Good communication skills and drive for results approach
For more information, please contact Ms. Anu Riikonen, Humanitarian Deployment Manager, anu.riikonen(at)kua.fi between 29.7.–9.8.2019.
Please apply by using the link no later than on Friday 9th August 2019.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
FCA practices zero tolerance against any kind of abuse. FCA´s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
- Maakoordinaattorin avustaja (SARC)
- Johdon assistentti
- International Logistics Officer
- Consultancy: Central African Republic Country Programme Evaluation
- Kansainvälisen toiminnan suunnittelija (sijaisuus)
- Education Manager/Education Specialist
- Viestintä- ja varainhankintapäällikkö Maailma kylässä -festivaalille
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.