FCA has been working in Cambodia since the end of the 1970’s providing humanitarian aid and supporting the development of livelihoods, quality education opportunities and youth participation for the poorest people. Currently the main donors for FCA’s Cambodia programme are the Government of Finland, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and private donors. FCA collaborates with a variety of partners ranging from local NGOs to local government, international organisations and governmental organisations.
FCA signed recently a substantial funding contract for a 3-year education sector development project for Career Guidance and Counselling (CGC) with Sida. We are now opening a new position and are recruiting an experienced and dynamic Education Advisor (expat position, based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia) to join our growing CGC team in doing ground-breaking work in education sector development in Cambodia. Results of the first phase of CGC work in 2014-2018 have been extremely positive, which has assured strong ownership among duty-bearers and growing interest and excitement among various stakeholders.
The Education Advisor is responsible for providing technical assistance on quality education, especially career guidance and counselling for FCA project staff and project partners (Swedish Public Employment Agency, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport and National Employment Agency). The Education Advisor will contribute to teacher education curriculum development and training of teacher education institutions’ lecturers for CGC. S/he will contribute to policy formulation and research on CGC, assuring that all localized solutions will have a link to the international standards and norms defining CGC. Working together with Senior Education Advisors based in FCA Head Office, in Helsinki, Finland, the Education Advisor in Cambodia will also contribute to the development of FCA’s CGC concept on a global level and provide learning opportunities for colleagues in other FCA country offices.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, in collaboration with the project team (5 staff) and FCA’s MEAL Coordinator, the Education Advisor will contribute to the qualitative analysis of monitoring data and to drafting annual and semi-annual project reports. S/he will also contribute to the annual planning process.
FCA hosts several Education Specialist Volunteers from the Teachers without Borders Network every year. The CGC project will have 5-10 long term volunteers annually, mainly Finnish Career Counsellors. The Education Advisor will participate to their recruitment and provide mentoring to the volunteers during their assignment in Cambodia.
a unique opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated education professional who wants to contribute to sustainable, long-term development as part of an inspiring and energetic multicultural team lead by an excellent Project Manager. We offer fair pay according to FCA salary scales and candidate’s experience, with opportunities for professional development, and a competitive expat benefit package in a pleasant family station in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with frequent travel within Cambodia. The fixed term contract will be from 1st August 2019 to 31st December 2021 with a probation period of four months.
Competence and personal requirements of a successful candidate:
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Accredited certificate / qualification in Career Guidance and Counselling is an asset
- Significant working experience as an advisor in development cooperation for education sector development, or in programs within an international environment
- In-depth knowledge on formal education systems
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience in developing teacher training curriculums
- Excellent knowledge on the international standards for career guidance and counselling
- Experience of working as a Career Counsellor or similar position, preferably with youth or young adults
- Experience of conducting research / studies / assessments in the field of education
- Knowledge of the country context in Cambodia
- Strong conceptual, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure in an organized and responsive manner and independently
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Result oriented, problem solving, team player
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work with a multicultural team
For further information please contact FCA Country Director Ms. Saara Lehmuskoski email@example.com.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 8th May 2019.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria mentioned above.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
- Adviser, Humanitarian Livelihoods
- Tarkastaja, Vietnamin vastuualue
- Coordinateur(rice) du Logistique Pays
- Raamattuopiston musiikinopettaja
- Raamattuopiston opettaja
- Project Coordinator, Humanitarian assistance
- Assistant controller
- Nuorten toiminnan asiantuntija
- Two evaluators for Community Resilience Programme in Nepal
- Viestintä- ja markkinointijohtaja
- Finance and Administrative Officer (national post)
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija
- Education Advisor
- YK:n vapaaehtoistehtäviä (UNV)
- Police Reform Adviser P-4, Etiopia
- Globaalikasvatuksen kouluttajia
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.