UNICEF Finland is looking for a consultant on children and digital technology and connectivity
UNICEF Finland is seeking an experienced person to help us map the current situation in Finland related to children and digital technology and connectivity.
The tasks will include:
- identify key child rights issues in Finland related to digital technology and connectivity that need to be addressed;
- map critical stakeholders and their roles as well as initiatives and existing structures; and
- identify gaps and opportunities in this space as well as recommendations for UNICEF Finland to get involved.
Please find more detailed information on the tasks and deliverables from here.
The consultancy (palkkionsaaja) is expected to be conducted in three months (60 working days) during the Fall 2018. The precise starting and end dates will be agreed together with the selected consultant.
The successful candidate shall have:
- Higher university degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years of professional relevant work experience with conducting research and analysis to inform organization’s strategic decision making
- Experience in either ICT sector or organizations that want to bring positive social impact
- Knowledge of the human rights/child rights issues related to the digital technology is an advantage
- Understanding of the Finnish context of child rights and digitalisation is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Finnish: The deliverable will be written in English, but most of the information is available only in Finnish, and the interviews will be conducted in Finnish.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following competencies that are considered to be necessary to this consultancy:
- Strong research, analytical and evaluation skills
- Strong drive for results
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision under tight deadline
- Ability to work effectively across organizational and cross-sectoral boundaries
The total remuneration of the consultancy will be agreed directly with the chosen candidate.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit:
- Cover letter
- Examples of previous, relevant work
- Three references from similar tasks
Send your application via this link by July 15, 2018. The short-listed candidates will be interviewed during the first half of August. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on this position, you can contact Irene Leino (irene.leino(at9unicef.fi) by email during June 14 – 28, or call Irene Leino (+358 50 3475485) on any of the following times:
- June 18: 10.00 – 12.00
- June 20: 14.00 – 15.00
- June 26: 9.00 – 11.00
- June 27: 13.00 – 15.00
UNICEF is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates and people with disabilities, and minorities are highly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Education Officer
- Global Network Coordinator
- Programme Associate
- Kontti-työn ohjaaja
- Project Assistant
- Vapaaehtoistoiminnan assistentti
- Technical Advisor for Civilian Component, Eastern Africa Standby Force
- Monikulttuuristen ryhmien ohjaaja
- Global Development Resource Mobilization Specialist
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.