Communications Manager (interim)
Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Finland is looking for a passionate, action-oriented Interim Communications Manager to develop and strengthen our communication activities. You will need to be an experienced communicator with extraordinary administrative skills. Do not miss this exciting challenge to be part of a small dynamic team increasing MSF’s capacity to provide humanitarian medical assistance to patients all over the world!
As the Communications Manager you will oversee and manage MSF’s communication activities in Finland. This key position implements and improves communication and branding activities, including crisis and emergency preparedness. You will have the overall responsibility for how MSF’s operations are communicated towards the Finnish public following the movement’s communication guidelines and principles, and to support the Finnish office in all communication aspects. You will thrive to strengthen the visibility and awareness of MSF and humanitarian crises in Finland. You will be the manager of the communications and press officers and make sure they get the support and resources needed to succeed. The team of three concentrates on digital communications (website and Social Media) and public relations and works in close cooperation with Fundraising and Human Resources.
- Responsible for implementing the overall communication strategy and plan, including monitoring targets and key performance indicators. Assessing, adapting and developing the communications strategy and approach.
- Oversee branding strategy implementation and MSF communications guidelines. Ensure alignment of communication priorities with the MSF movement.
- Responsible for the communications budget, monitoring expenditures to ensure cost efficiency, effectiveness and a responsible handling of finances.
- Manage and coach the members of the team and ensure all communications activities are done in a coordinated way, including with Fundraising activities and support to HR.
- Responsible for induction of Press Officer (beginning of 2020) and for ensuring that visibility and press coverage goals are reached. Support and guide strategic choices and media evaluation.
- Responsible for crisis communications preparedness and management.
- Support to the office and movement in advocacy initiatives when relevant.
- Focal point for MSF movement communications networks and platforms, and networking in Finland with relevant actors.
- As a member of Managers’ team, support and develop MSF Finland’s overall strategic goals.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in communications strategies and brand building
- Excellent knowledge of the Finnish media and communications landscape
- Experience in leading others and/or managing a team
- Experience in budget planning and monitoring
- Fluency in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
- Academic degree or equivalent work experience in communications, journalism or other relevant areas
We also value:
- Previous MSF or other experience from a non-governmental organisation
- Experience in advocacy, strategic communication or public engagement
- Experience in crisis communications and communications in sensitive contexts
- Knowledge of web publishing and social media
- Swedish language skills
But in the end, what matters is that you are right person for the job. We believe that means that you have a strong commitment to humanitarian principles and values and that you show good and responsible leadership. You can handle stressful situations and help others through them, you can plan and organise and take pride in delivering good results with high quality.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be part of developing a young MSF entity in Finland
- An exciting job with one of the world's most respected humanitarian organisations
- Flexible working hours and an international environment including travels
- A changing work environment characterized by enthusiasm and high intensity
- A workplace that strives for diversity and equality
- A working culture that is based on collective responsibility to bring our work forward
- Support from the global MSF Movement
Conditions of employment:
Employment type: Temporary position for duration of parental leave, initially until end of 2020, with six (6) months’ probation or maximum half of the contract
Work hours: 38 hours work week (100%)
Salary: 3 931 euro/month
Benefits: Occupational healthcare, life insurance, travel insurance, accident insurance, wellness contribution (200 euro/year), lunch benefit.
Vacation: According to Annual Leave Act
Location: Based in Helsinki with occasional travels
Entry date: Beginning of December (negotiable)
Interested? Go ahead and apply with resume and cover letter in English on our website by 13th of October 2019. We do not accept applications via email.
For questions about the position please contact Country Director Linda Konate, +358 44 724 7387, on Thursday October 4th at 11–12 or Monday October 7th at 12–13.
Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Finland strives to be diverse and inclusive. We invite candidates with all kind of backgrounds to apply. Our office is accessible.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization. Our work is guided by principles of impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide lifesaving medical care where it is needed most.
Our medical teams work with people affected by conflicts, natural disasters and epidemics. MSF also provides access to primary healthcare in areas where there is none. We treat people irrespective of their ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs or political views. Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja / MSF Finland was founded in 2017 as a branch office within the MSF movement. In Finland, we raise funds, recruit field workers and communicate about our work in order to contribute to saving lives and alleviating suffering in the world.
- Reach Out 3 -hankekoordinaattori
- Country Delegate to Ethiopia
- Tiimin esimies
- Järjestökehityksen päällikkö
- Valmiustoiminnan päällikkö
- Erityisasiantuntija (metsä/luonnonvarat ja osaamisen kehittäminen)
- Tarkastaja (Afrikan sarvi -tiimi)
- Tarkastaja (eteläisen Aasian yksikkö)
- Events and Administration Officer
- Neuvonantaja, kehityspolitiikka ja kehitysyhteistyö
- Nuorten turvatalon johtaja
- Teologian tohtoreita opetustehtäviin
- Erityisasiantuntija (kehityspolitiikka)
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.