Communications Assistant – Graphics Design
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Communications Assistant – Graphics Design
Duty Station: Helsinki, Finland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 5
Type of Appointment: SST Graded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: February 28, 2021
Reference Code: FI10-SVN-2021-02
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission/ Sub-Regional Coordinator for Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Estonia (CoM) and direct supervision of the Integration Project Coordinator, the incumbent will provide communications support to projects in the Integration and Migrant Training Unit. The incumbent will also support the Communications team in communications efforts of IOM Country Office in Finland
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support in writing and editing written materials such as news, press releases, blogs, and social media posts;
- Provide support to the Integration and Migrant Training Unit in preparing necessary layouts/designs of all written, printed and electronical materials in the framework of the project. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Assist in the video production and editing of different publications produced by the Integration and Migrant Training Unit;
- Prepare user-friendly designs;
- Prepare other communications materials such brochures, infographics, posters, logos and publications of different type in terms of layout, design and editing of text;
- Assist in updating project-related websites and assist in editing the contents of website materials;
- Contribute to designing new and innovative visual materials that enhance different projects’ visibility locally and internationally;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Communications or Journalism, Political Science, Migration Studies, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience
- Proven track record of layout and graphic design with different programs
- Proven track record of working with Adobe InDesign, knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, Photoshop) is an asset
- Knowledge of various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Experience to work under occasional pressure in terms of deadlines
- Previous work experience in graphic design following an organization’s or institution’s visual guidelines is regarded as an advantage
- Familiarity with video production and editing will be an asset
- Knowledge of integration and migration related terminology are regarded as an advantage
- Excellent drafting and editing skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with web publishing/content management system and basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience in working in an intercultural setting is considered an advantage
- Good teamwork skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Finnish and English.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken Swedish is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer phone inquiries at this stage.
Posting period: From 12 February to 28 February 2021
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUCAP SOMALIA
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUMM Georgia
- Televarainhankinnan tiiminvetäjä
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUAM Iraq
- Kansainvälisen ohjelmatyön suunnittelija
- EU Framework Contracts Tender and Project Manager
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUCAP Sahel Mali
- Tarkastaja, demokratia- ja oikeusvaltiokysymykset
- Siviilikriisinhallintatehtäviä, EUAM CAR
- Nuorisokumppani Nuoret SIB -hankkeeseen
- Regional Disaster Preparedness Delegate
- Kuusi avointa ulkomaantyön paikkaa
- Regional Representative for East and Southern Africa
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Finance and Administration Manager
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.