Caseworker (Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration / Counter-Trafficking)
Position Title: Caseworker – Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration / Counter-Trafficking
Duty Station: Helsinki, Finland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: SST Graded, part time approx. 60%, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: May 15, 2021
Reference Code: FI10-SVN-2021-03
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission/ Sub-Regional Coordinator for Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Estonia and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to project implementation and case processing, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups and Victims of Trafficking in the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration/Counter-Trafficking Unit at IOM Finland.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing projects on Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration for victims of trafficking and foreign citizens in prostitution in Sweden in line with relevant project documents and institutional policies and guidelines.
- Process AVRR cases and coordinate comprehensive return and reintegration assistance to individual beneficiaries according to project parameters in close cooperation with Swedish counterparts, relevant IOM Finland departments, IOM missions in Countries of Origin, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Liaise with regional anti-trafficking coordinators and other relevant stakeholders in Sweden on the return and reintegration procedures, including risk and needs assessments and protection measures where required.
- Keep relevant stakeholders in Sweden, and relevant IOM missions informed of movements; as well as provide counselling to relevant stakeholders and beneficiaries, as needed.
- Assist returnees in obtaining required travel documents, including but not limited to communicating with Country of Origin embassies/consular offices accredited to Sweden on the issuance of travel documents, obtaining required documents and procuring official translations; as well as on referrals to national assistance systems for VoTs or best interest determinations for children;
- Where required, assist all relevant stakeholders in conducting Best Interest Assessments and Best Interest Determinations for minor beneficiaries as required by internal guidance and each case’s individual context;
- Respond to routine written and oral enquiries from beneficiaries’ representatives and authorities, including social workers, shelter personnel, and lawyers, regarding voluntary return and reintegration from Sweden to the Country of Origin and the VoT assistance system in the Country of Origin;
- Participate in AVRR/CT outreach and information activities, such as relevant seminars and other events
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Sub-Regional Coordinator or Programme Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in fields relating to AVRR (e.g. social work, political/social science, migration issues) with two years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience
- Relevant work experience in the area of migration (e.g. migrant counselling or consular work) is considered a distinct advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in working in an intercultural setting is considered an advantage
- Good teamwork skills
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written Swedish is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: email@example.com) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer phone inquiries at this stage.
From 28 April to 15 May 2021
- Vaikuttamistyön ja varainhankinnan assistentti
- Lahjoittajapalvelun assistentti
- Kesätyöntekijä taloustiimiin
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija
- Osaamisen kehittämisen koordinaattori
- Senior Finance Officer
- Toimeksianto: Taustaselvitys Suomen kehitysrahoitusarkkitehtuurin muutoksesta
- Caseworker (Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration / Counter-Trafficking)
- Sisäinen tarkastaja
- Kouluyhteistyön koordinaattori
- Seconded National Expert covering Security / Counterterrorism issues
- Digitaalisten palveluiden kehityksen asiantuntija
- Ylitarkastaja, evaluoinnin erityisasiantuntija
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen Maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.