Business Development Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Ukraine is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to take an integral role in supporting and expanding FCA’s programming in Ukraine in order to deliver quality education and quality livelihood opportunities to those affected by the Ukrainian crisis. The Business Development Manager provides cross-cutting coordination and support for the development of FCA proposals, under the direction of the Country Director. The Business Development Manager will be based at FCA’s offices in Kyiv and with occasional travel to Chernihiv, Zhytomyr, and Kharkiv. The Business Development Manager will work closely with FCA’s Country Director, Program Manager, Education and Livelihoods Program teams, and the Grants Advisor.
Background info on FCA
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. FCA works with the most vulnerable people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic backgrounds, or political convictions. FCA work is rights-based, which means that operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination, and responsibility. FCA operates in 12 countries around the world and specializes in three thematic priority areas: Right to Peace (R2P), Right to Livelihood (R2L), and Right to Quality Education (R2QE). For more information, please visit our website.
FCA’s humanitarian aid programme in Ukraine focuses on education and livelihood sectors in central and eastern Ukraine which involves frequent travels and deployment in areas heavily affected by the war.
Scope of Work & Deliverables
The BDM will play a lead role in identifying funding and partnership opportunities which will assist FCA Ukraine in realizing its strategic priorities. The BDM will be primarily responsible for coordinating select proposal teams to ensure proposals are done in a timely and high-quality manner. The BDM helps define needed institutional support for proposals and connects and collaborates with national organisations as needed. The BDM will work with FCA Ukraine colleagues and partners to develop proposals incorporating inputs and ensure donor compliance/requirements are met once the project starts. The BDM, working together with the Grants Advisor and FCA Technical Advisors, supports aspects of grant management, including coordinating donor reporting, quality review, and timely submission.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead fundraising and resource mobilisation initiatives and coordinate proposal development and submission, ensuring there is a priority focus on the right to quality education and the right to livelihood opportunities.
- Maintain donor relationships to identify possible grant funding opportunities, including representing at local donor meetings.
- Maintain and distribute a funding tracker as part of regular reports.
- Lead proposal development for funding opportunities.
- Ensure overall quality of the proposal (technical, annexes, and cost)
- Participate in reviewing donor agreements, facilitating agreements and amendments
- Work with FCA Ukraine team to organize and conduct project kick-off and close-out workshops to review project timelines, budgets, and deliverables/achievements.
- Provide support to partners as and when needed to resolve grant compliance issues.
- Ensures that FCA’s global policies for Safeguarding, Gender Equality, and Inclusion are fully embedded.
Country Director, Program Manager, Finance Manager, program staff; project partners; FCA Grants Unit and FCA Technical Advisors.
Duration of contract
Duration of the contract is 12 months, a probation period of 6 months. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience.
Required Expertise and Qualification
The candidate must possess the below minimum qualifications and skills:
- Minimum four (4) years of international grants management, proposal/business development, and program design experience within the development / humanitarian sector. Experience in nexus and/or development contexts is an asset.
- Experience developing proposals with rigorous requirements and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Prior knowledge and experience of donor regulations and guidelines (USAID, BHA, ECHO, FCDO, SIDA, Europe Aid, OCHA, Private donors etc.)
- Strong networking skills and relationship building.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. Experience working with Ukrainian civil society organisations and/or Ukrainian government at the national and/or regional level would be an asset
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of the Ukrainian language is an added value.
- Willingness to learn more about education in emergencies.
For more information, please contact Ukraine Country Director Mrs. Patricia Maruschak by e-mail Patricia.Maruschak@kirkonulkomaanapu.fi
Please apply by using the link no later than on 12th of June 2023. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, the ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
FCA practices zero tolerance on sexual exploitation and abuse, including child abuse in all forms. FCA has zero tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements.
FCA is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).Hae paikkaa / Apply