Two Global Grants Advisers
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is seeking two Global Grants Advisers, one permanent and one for fixed-term employment to support the funding growth from institutional donors and to ensure donor compliancy in grant management. GG Adviser is a member of a dynamic Global Grants unit at the Head office. The unit focuses on supporting FCA programme countries in institutional fundraising, proposal development and grant management. The positions are located in Helsinki (remote work from another location may be considered) and terms of employment for locally hired employees will be applied.
The GG Adviser will execute his/her responsibilities within the given mandate following FCA Policies, Guidelines and Processes. GG Adviser will report to Head of Unit.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop FCA’s capacity to acquire and manage institutional funding through supporting quality proposal development and effective management of grants ensuring donor compliance.
- Support FCA country programmes in developing multi-annual growth plans and fundraising strategies
- Identify suitable institutional funding opportunities, and support development of donor relations
- Advocacy towards priority institutions and representation in networks and donor forums related to donor portfolio
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of institutional donor’s interests, priorities and compliance mechanisms
- Experience in institutional donor procedures and managing grants
- Experience in working with EU and bilateral donors is an asset.
- Extensive experience in leading project development including facilitating complex proposal processes, project design, log frames and budgeting
- Good writing skills and extensive experience in developing proposals and reports
- Good attention to detail and highly numerate
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops for programme, financial and partner staff to develop funding applications and manage grants focusing on donor compliance
- Masters degree in development studies, humanitarian aid or relevant discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience of the humanitarian and development sector
- Strong coordination, strategic planning, analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Good team work skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Readiness to travel extensively to FCA programme countries
- Fluency in English, both written and oral. Fluency in French is an asset and capacity to write and speak in Finnish is preferred.
The positions will be filled as soon as possible. One position is permanent and the other a fixed-term replacement of a leave of absence until the end of April 2020, both with four-month probation period. The compensation is based on FCA salary scale and the candidate’s level of experience.
For more information please contact Ms Hanna Lauha: hanna.lauha (at) kua.fi or call +358 406684625 on 6 March 2018 at 10–12 (EET).
Please apply by using the link no later than on 25th March 2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
- Viestintä- ja hallintokoordinaattori
- Ohjaaja, erityisnuorisokoti Pärske
- Two Global Grants Advisers
- YK:n apulaisasiantuntijoita (JPO)
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija (luonnonvarat ja yksityissektorin kehittäminen)
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (syrjimättömyys)
- Markkinoinnin ja varainhankinnan koordinaattori
- Curriculum Development Consultancy
- UN Youth Volunteer (UNV)
- Communications Team Assistant
- Communications Associate
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.