Project manager local governance
Position Title: Project Manager Local Governance
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Position Status: National
Area of Operation: South Central Somalia
Employment period: Starting in June 2018, one year with the possibility of extension.
FCA is Finland’s biggest development and humanitarian co-operation organization and the second biggest organization working in Humanitarian aid. FCA operates in 15 countries in Asia, Africa and the Middle East and is specialized in three thematic priority areas: the Right to Peace (R2P), Right to Livelihood (R2L) and Right to Quality Education (R2QE). Since 2008, FCA works mainly in Somaliland, Puntland and South-Central Somalia. Thereby, FCA together with local partners is mainly supporting and empowering local peace efforts and initiatives through the Peace Building Initiative.
Primary purpose of the position:
To manage the implementation of the project “Strengthening local governance structures for more accountable and inclusive Federal Member States in support of the Wadajir National Framework – Phase II” funded by Somalia Stability Fund and implemented by FCA.
- Undertake day to day management of the project, including smooth project implementation and efficient use of resources.
- Be responsible for the overall project implementation, and under supervision of the Program Manager lead the planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting (internal and external)
- Liaise with Senior Government & Reconciliation Manager for technical advise and development of the governance and reconciliation project
- Ensure the technical and financial quality of the project and compliance with FCA and donor guidelines
- Liaise with the M&E Manager for monitoring and evaluation, identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning
- Participate actively and engage in coordination meetings relevant to the program and maintain good relations and communication with partners
- Prepare work plans and produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by FCA and donor reporting systems.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent.
- Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets.
- Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant projects and programmes for mutually reinforcing impact.
- Identify capacity building needs of partner organisations and institutions and report to program manager.
- To coordinate with the Program Manager, the Senior Government & Reconciliation Manager and Gender & Youth Adviser on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion related matters in Local Governance.
- With the support of the Program Manager, Human Resources & Admin manager and the Finance Manager to support logistical and procurement needs of the reconciliation project.
- In close collaboration with the Program Manager to ensure the quality of project deliverables, suggesting action/corrective measures and supporting in the monitoring of progress against activity and budget
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Master degree in Peacebuilding and conflict resolution, development studies, international relations, or similar fields
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in development aid
- Proven strong project management skills and knowledge about the Project Cycle Management
- Ability to work independently
- High analytical and solution oriented thinking
- Ability to travel and work in a high risk security area
- Relevant experience in fragile context in management level
- Strong knowledge of the local context of Galmudug, Hirshabelle and Jubaland Federal Member state
- Good knowledge of Somalia is an asset
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Knowledge and working experience in Gender Equality and Social Inclusion is an asset
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Please note that the closing time is 23:59 pm local time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Email or Paper applications will not be considered.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 21st of May 2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Female candidates are highly encouraged.
- Police Adviser
- Senior Reporting Officer
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija (luonnonvarasektori)
- Varainhankinnan vastaava
- Koulutussuunnittelija (vapaaehtois- ja nuorisoyksikkö)
- Yhteistyön päällikkö
- Sovittelutyön päällikkö
- Koulutussuunnittelija (henkilöavun yksikkö)
- Sosiaalityöntekijä, Etelä-Suomen aluetoimisto
- Suomen kielen kouluttaja
- Talous- ja hallintopäällikkö (sijaisuus)
- Conduct and Discipline Officer (P-3)
- Lastenkodin ohjaaja
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.