Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship is a project funded mainly by the European Commission. It aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute effectively to global justice and eradication of poverty through global citizenship. To have a transformative impact, global citizenship education (GCE) must break out from the circle of educators, involve new stakeholders and be fully recognized as an essential tool among policy makers. In order for this to happen, the capacity of civil society needs to be developed to find new partners and innovative ways of working. Civil society and other GCE actors need a space to maintain these partnerships as well as for disseminating best practices, sharing information and coordinating joint advocacy efforts for global justice and eradication of poverty.
Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship is a 3-year project, and it starts in September 2017. The project consortium consists of 16 partners.
The Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship -project is seeking a PROJECT MANAGER (3-year contract, 100 %) to establish and maintain the communication flow between the several partners and stakeholders of the project. The position is based in Helsinki, Finland. The Project Manager will report to the steering group of the project. The Project Manager will supervise an international team of approximately 20 members, based in various locations around Europe.
Duties & responsibilities
Main tasks of the Project Manager include:
- Implementation and coordination of project activities;
- Organization and supervision of human resources involved in the project;
- Financial and cash flow control;
- Monitoring of activities and expenses;
- Facilitation of the Steering Group (Board of the project);
- Supervision/preparation of preliminary documents, agendas and reports of meetings
- Preparation of financial and narrative internal and external reports;
- Preparation of evaluation reports of the several activities, monitoring and evaluation;
Please note that the Project Manager’s post is dependent on funding from the European Commission which is confirmed during the summer.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and CV (including a salary request) in English to rekry (at) kehys.fi. Please include the reference “Bridge 47 – Project Manager” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Closing date of the call: 15 September 2017
Interview dates: 21 to 25 September 2017
Starting date: October 2017/January 2018 (Needs to be confirmed).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Rilli Lappalainen, Secretary General of the Finnish NGDO Platform to the EU, Kehys, +358 50 5613 456, at the following times (Finnish time):
- 25 August 3 pm – 4 pm
- 1 September 3 pm – 4 pm
- Taloushallinnon sihteeri
- Peace and Reconciliation Adviser, South Sudan
- Kehitysyhteistyörahoituksen asiantuntija
- Portfolio and Partnership Manager
- Global Network Coordinator (Bridge 47)
- Financial Coordinator (Bridge 47)
- Administration Coordinator (Bridge 47)