Global Coordinator for Digital Development
Plan International Finland is an independent civil society organization working for child rights in developing countries and around the world. We connect committed people with powerful ideas in order to find solutions and trigger change that makes a real difference for children, especially girls. For over 79 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to claim their rights, free themselves of poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan has no religious or political affiliations.
We are looking for a Global Coordinator for Digital Development
Plan International has set itself an exciting ambition for an innovative use of technology for development and child rights. To advance this agenda in the global organization, Plan International Finland is seeking a team member with expertise in technology for development, communications and knowledge management to coordinate Plan’s use of technology and digital tools in our programme work; maintain and co-lead the global Digital Development Champions network; foster new partnerships in the area of technology for international development; and participate in relevant internal and external processes to further strengthen and develop this area of work in Plan International. You will work will in close collaboration with the Senior Specialist – Technology, Innovation and Transparency and the programme team, as well as colleagues representing other parts of the global organization. This is a one-year fixed position based in Helsinki, Finland. Possible continuation after first 12 months is dependent on securing further funding for the post.
Note that the deadline for applications is June 16, 2017. Selected applicant is expected to be able to make 2–4 international trips during the one-year contract.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and activate the Digital Development Champions Network in Plan Federation and further develop ways to utilize this network for knowledge management, sharing of lessons learned and identifying best practices across the organization.
- Continue and expand mapping of existing technology-supported programmes in Plan country offices.
- Participate in the drafting of the new global Digital Strategy for Plan International.
- Curate, collect and disseminate existing internal and external digital development materials and co-lead the production of new materials.
- Evaluate and facilitate the uptake of new models and practices for utilizing technology in Plan’s child rights programs.
- Maintain and expand the digital development solutions portfolio for Plan International, sourcing solutions both from inside and outside the organization.
- Participate in fundraising efforts to secure the continuation of the position.
- Represent Plan at relevant networks, conferences and meetings.
- A university degree from an appropriate field (e.g. technology, social sciences, development, communications).
- Relevant work experience (past experience from developing countries is an advantage).
- Understanding of the use of information and communication technologies in international development, particularly for promoting child rights and gender equality.
- Understanding of basic principles of gender equality and girls’ rights.
- Fluency in English and strong writing and presentation skills. Other languages incl. Finnish are an asset.
- Strong team-working and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Given that the task requires convening people, inspiring them and changing the way we work, we are looking for a person who is sociable, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Active use of different social media channels is an asset.
- Proven interest in child rights, gender equality and development.
- An opportunity to work in an exciting and future-oriented role in one of world’s largest child rights NGOs.
- A flexible, result-oriented professional culture that places much value on employees’ wellbeing at work.
- A chance to work as part of a fun, talented, multicultural team.
Please submit a resumé and an application video (max. 3 min, provide the video via a link to Dropbox, Youtube, Vimeo etc. – do not send a video file!) to rekry(at)plan.fi by end of Friday June 16, 2017. Interviews will be held during the week of June 19, 2017. Only the candidates invited to interviews will be notified.
Deadline extended: Submit your application by 4pm / 16:00 on Monday, 19 June 2017.
More information from Emma Winiecki, Global Coordinator for Digital Development. Telephone inquiries +358 40 778 6767 on June 9th between 3pm and 4pm and June 14th between 2pm and 3pm.
- Sosiaalityöntekijä (adoptio- ja perhehoitotyö)
- Sosiaalityöntekijä (lomakoti- ja tukiperhetyö)
- Kouluyhteistyön aluekoordinaattoreita
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja, energia-ala
- Regional Programme Support Delegate
- Project developer and writer
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Johtava projektipäällikkö
- Asiantuntija (ilmastopolitiikka)
- Digital Design Associate and Webmaster
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.