Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is looking for a Finance Manager – based in Kampala, Uganda.
FCA started its operation in Uganda in 2014. FCA operates, directly and together with its National Partners, in several Provinces across the country under the themes right to education, right to peace and right to livelihood interventions.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management of the country programme, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, donor and internal policies and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Implement and develop FCA’s financial and administrative policies and procedures
- Provide financial oversight of the country programme
- Ensure effective management accounting and donor reporting processes are in place for the country programme
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all financial accounting routines and reports
- Implement, manage and develop internal controls
- Maintain overall budget development, control and Monitoring
- Manage and supervise the finance, administration and Logistics teams
- Build the capacity of the financial and administrative staff and partners
- Take part in procurement of goods/services and ensure adherence to FCA procedures for procurement of goods and supplies needed and accounting for said transactions
- Ensure FCA complies with local Ensure FCA complies with local labour laws and employer requirements
- Ensure FCA Complies with National Tax and NGO reporting Obligations
- Ensure that local staff policies are sufficiently documented, developed and implemented
- Provide Business Modelling and risk assessment advice for country programme development projects
- Facilitate and co-ordinate external, internal, donor or government audits
- Prepare accurate forecasts of cash requirements and take part in the preparation of funding requests
- Prepare official/ad hoc reports as required by the management or other staff, HQ, donor or other stakeholders
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting, and/or relevant accounting certification
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience with an international organization in a similar context
- Prior experience overseeing self-implemented financial operations for a field-based programme in a multicultural environment.
- Extensive grant management and compliance experience with large institutional donors
- Extensive experience in procurementv
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation
- Advanced Knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint); accounting software.
- Familiar or previous experience with accounting systems (preferably QuickBooks)
- Proficiency in written and oral English
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until 31.12.2019 with four months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. For more information please contact ville.kivimaki (at) kua.fi.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 7.1.2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
- Henkilöstökoordinaattori Kontti-kierrätystavarataloon
- Ohjaajia vastaanottokeskukseen
- Vaikuttamistyön päällikkö
- Vapaaehtoistoiminnan koordinaattori
- Kriisi- ja perhetyöntekijä Nuorten turvataloon
- Assistentti rahoituksen, viestinnän ja sidosryhmätyön osastolle
- Varainhankinnan koordinaattori, koulutoiminta
- Markkinoinnin ja varainhankinnan koordinaattori
- Project Assistant or Project Officer, Programme Management Office
- Johtaja Nuorten turvataloon
- Education Specialist
- Humanitarian aid Adviser
- Katuvarainhankinnan koordinaattori
- Aluepäällikkö Lähi-itään