ECHO Project Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfil their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice.
Finn Church Aid (FCA), is looking for a Project Manager (PM) for an ECHO funded project, based in Fangak County, South Sudan.
FCA has been active in South Sudan since 2010 where it has implemented - right to education; right to peace and right to livelihood interventions, directly and together with its National Partners in the remote and deprived areas of the country.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be in charge of managing the ECHO funded project in Fangak County. In particular his/her main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the operations and address any issues that may arise during the implementation of the project.
- Ensure coordination in Fangak and when required, in Juba, with respective clusters and all other local and international actors.
- Manage contractual issues involving implementing partner(s); This includes implementation of the MoU signed with the national partner stating roles, tasks and responsibilities of both parties and managing the day to day relationship with the partner in compliance with the agreed MoU.
- Review the narrative, financial and experts’ reports from implementing partner(s) before sending them to the donor.
- Prepare detailed planning and reporting of ECHO activities.
- Ensure all operation support such as administrative, logistics and financial matters related to ECHO activities are provided on time.
- Undertake constant monitoring and evaluation of all project locations and report on any unmet needs and gaps and take corrective action upon them.
- Ensure that all DG ECHO guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure capacity building, coaching and mentoring of partner and team members.
- Conduct weekly coordination staff meetings at field level.
- Implement visibility plan according to ECHO guidelines. This implies that all projects sites are provided with visibility materials, that communities and stakeholders are aware of the subjects funding and/or implementing the project, in collaboration with FCA Communication Department, through regular updates and documentation (written, photographic, video etc.).
- Both South Sudanese and non-South Sudanese nationals are eligible to apply.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- The ideal candidate holds a university degree in Development Studies or related field, or equivalent work experience in the same field;
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in project management at senior level, of which at least one successful assignment in a hardship emergency context;
- Experience in managing ECHO projects, and cash based programs is an asset;
- Significant experience in education, child protection, public awareness, humanitarian affairs, human rights;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of right-based-approach;
- Good computing skills (including design of simple data base)
- Perfect command of spoken and written English.
- Experience in the region of potential assignment is preferable.
A one year fixed-term contract will be offered (with four month probation period). Compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. Monthly salary includes adverse working conditions allowance. The position is a no-family post, and accommodation might be co-housing.
For more information please contact Mr. Edison Munene, edison.munene (at) kua.fi. Requests by email should be clearly marked with a subject “Query: ECHO Project Manager – Fangak, South Sudan”
Please apply using the link provided below, no later than on 27th of February 2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
- Viestintä- ja hallintokoordinaattori
- Ohjaaja, erityisnuorisokoti Pärske
- Two Global Grants Advisers
- YK:n apulaisasiantuntijoita (JPO)
- Kehityspolitiikan erityisasiantuntija (luonnonvarat ja yksityissektorin kehittäminen)
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja (syrjimättömyys)
- Markkinoinnin ja varainhankinnan koordinaattori
- Curriculum Development Consultancy
- UN Youth Volunteer (UNV)
- Communications Team Assistant
- Communications Associate
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.