Assistant, International Voluntary Work
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.
FCA is looking for an Assistant, International Voluntary Work – based in Helsinki, Finland.
Finn Church Aid International voluntary work is coordinated within International Programme/Programme Development Unit (PDU) in Helsinki, Finland.
PDU is responsible for Finn Church Aid programmatic support to the Country and Regional Offices, as well as support for planning, monitoring and evaluation and for international voluntary work. The position of Assistant, International Voluntary Work is an operational support function for the volunteer networks of FCA. S/he works in collaboration with Finn Church Aid Country/Regional Offices as well as all FCA Head Office staff.
The assistant for international voluntary work will report to the Head of Programme Development.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the practicalities of the deployment of international volunteers (EU Aid Volunteers, EAPPI programme, Women’s Bank and other national networks)
- Supporting the implementation of international volunteer management
- Assisting in voluntary work preparations
- Assisting in daily administration and data management of the international voluntary work
- Supporting in financial management of the international voluntary work
- Supporting networks in campaigns and advocacy initiatives
- Updating the social media channels of the voluntary networks
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree (also from the university of applied sciences, AMK) in HR, communication, or other relevant field
- At least 2 year professional related experience
- Previous experience in voluntary work and project support work
- Proven experience in communication and social media
- Fluent in oral and written English and Finnish, Swedish an asset
- Good attention to detail and numerate
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Good IT skills
The position in permanent with four months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. For more information please contact miina.puntila (at) kua.fi during 8.–9.1.2018.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 10.1.2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
- Sosiaalityöntekijä (adoptio- ja perhehoitotyö)
- Sosiaalityöntekijä (lomakoti- ja tukiperhetyö)
- Kouluyhteistyön aluekoordinaattoreita
- Kehityspolitiikan neuvonantaja, energia-ala
- Regional Programme Support Delegate
- Project developer and writer
- Viestinnän asiantuntija
- Johtava projektipäällikkö
- Asiantuntija (ilmastopolitiikka)
- Digital Design Associate and Webmaster
Saat kerran viikossa koosteen maailma.netin uutisista, tapahtumista ja työpaikoista sähköpostiisi. Tietojasi käytetään vain uutiskirjeen lähettämiseen. Rekisteriseloste täällä.